To access performance review tasks, go to.
- If you are creating a new review task, you must complete the General tab to move to the next tab.
- To edit a review task, in the Options column, click the edit icon for the appropriate performance review task.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Performance Review Task Administration||Grants ability to create/assign performance review tasks and manage activity within those tasks. This permission also gives the ability to enable and view co-planners for a task from the administration pages. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, User Self and Subordinates, and User.||Performance - Administration|
Note: The information that you can edit is based on the current status of the performance review task. See Review Task - Edit.
- Task ID - When editing a performance review task or when viewing the task settings, this field displays a unique identifier for the performance review task. This enables administrators to easily access the Task ID in order to reference the performance review task. This value is not visible when creating a performance review task; it is only visible once the performance review task has been created.
- Task Name - Enter a descriptive name for the review task. The character limit for this field is 100. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Description - Enter a detailed description of the review task. The character limit for this field is 500. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Instructions - Enter directions that appear to the reviewers at the top of the performance review task. HTML can be used. The character limit for this field is 3000 characters. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Task Type - Select whether the review task is a standard task or an off cycle task. If Off Cycle is selected, the task will not have a static assignment date. Instead, it is available to the manager on the My Team page, where it can be assigned at any time.
- Category - Select the appropriate review task category to associate the review task with the category. This is optional. If there are no active categories, this option does not display.
- When can the review task be assigned (Task Period)? - Using the From and To fields, define when the system begins assigning review tasks to eligible individuals and when the system stops assigning review tasks. When creating an off cycle review task, this option is not available.
- When is the entire review due? - Specify when the review is due. This represents the total duration of the review itself, including time allotted for the employee and manager to complete their steps in the review. This date can be a fixed date or a relative date. A relative date allows you to set a due date that is a certain number of days or months from the date the review task is assigned.
The assignment criteria defines how the review task is assigned.
Note: The Assignment Criteria options are not available when creating an off cycle review task.
- All reviews will be assigned at the beginning of the Task Period - Select this option to assign all reviews at the beginning of the task period (The task period is defined in the Date Criteria). For example, if the task period is from December 1st through 4th, all reviews are assigned on December 1st.
- Reviews will be assigned based on each Employee's XXX - Select this option to assign reviews based on a specific user date field. Review tasks can be based on the user's Hire Date, Last Hire Date, or Last Performance Review Completion Date. Select the appropriate option from the drop-down list. Then, set the specific assignment date criteria.
Only the Day and Month are considered when determining the assignment date. The year is not considered, but the number of days within a given year (leap year) is taken into consideration.
Mark was hired on January 1, 2004. Each year a review task is configured with a Task Period of January 1 to February 28, and is configured to be assigned 30 days after the employee's Hire Date. Each year, the review task is assigned to Mark on January 30 because this is 30 days after his hire date of January 1 even though Mark was hired in a previous year.
(Leap Year): Mark was hired on January 1, 2016. 2016 was a leap year (there were 29 days in February 2016). The admin configures a review task each year with a Task Period of January 1 to April 30th, and it is configured to be assigned 60 days after the employee's Hire Date. Each year, the review task is assigned to Mark on March 1st because this is 60 days after his hire date of January 1 even though Mark was hired in a previous year. If Mark had been hired in 2015 (not a leap year), he would be assigned the review on March 2nd.
The Review Period section allows you to set the period of time for which the employee is being reviewed. This can be done using a fixed set of dates or using a relative set of dates based on when the employee's review is assigned. When creating an off cycle review task, the review period must be relative to when it is assigned. The options that appear are based on the Task type you selected in the General Section.
- If you selected the Standard task type, the following options appear:
- From: and To: fields - Select the specific dates for which the employee is reviewed based on a calendar year.
- The review period will be based on when the Employee's review is assigned - Select this option to set the review period based on the criteria that is set in the Assignment Criteria section. Typically this may be based on an employee's hire date. When this option is selected, you must also specify the following options:
- Review period will start XX before the Employee's review is assigned - This determines how many days or months prior to the employee's review assignment that the review period begins. If this is annual review, this is set to 12 months.
- Select one of the following:
- Review Period Duration - This option sets the length of the review period for which the employee is being reviewed, which can be set in months or days. If this is an annual review, the review period duration is 12 months.
- Review period will end - This option sets a specific end date for the review period. The selected end date should be selected so that it is never before the review period start date. If the selected end date occurs before the dynamic start date, then no current goals are pulled into Goal Planning or Goal Rating sections in the performance review task. All other sections will function normally.
If you selected the Off Cycle task type, the following options appear:
- Hide the evaluation period in the review - If this option is selected, the evaluation period does not appear in the review form. Note: This option is only available for off-cycle tasks.
- Allow assigner to define the review period at the launch of the task - This option allows the review task assigner to specify the start and end dates for the off-cycle review task review period. The assigner specifies the review period when they launch the task.
- The review period will be based on when the Employee's review is assigned - This option allows the administrator to select a dynamic review period that is based on when the review is assigned. When this option is selected, the following options appear:
- Starts - This determines how many months prior to the employee's review assignment that the review period begins.
- Duration - This is the length of the review period for which the employee is being reviewed, which is set in months.
The Availability section determines who in the organization is assigned the review task. If you select any one of the organizational units listed in the drop-down list, employees in the selected OU are assigned a review as long as they are eligible based on the task period and assignment criteria set above.
From the drop-down, select an OU or select All Employees. Based on the selected option, anbutton or a search option icon appears. If the button appears, click it and you are done with this section. If the search option icon appears, click it to select additional criteria related to the Availability option you chose, and then click .
Best Practice: Once a performance review task is In Progress status, the process of adding additional users to the performance review task may take up to 24 hours. It is very important to consider all users who should be included in the performance review task prior to setting the availability for the performance review task and submitting the task. See Use Case - Adding Users to Performance Review Task after Initial Task Launch Date.
This section enables administrators to define which administrators can view and administer this task. Only administrators who are within the defined Admin Visibility and who also have permission to manage performance review tasks can view and administer this performance review task. Note: Administrators who have the Performance Review Task Administration permission can always view and administer all performance review tasks, and they are not impacted by this setting.
To define the administrator visibility for this task, from the drop-down select one or more OUs or select All Employees. Based on the selected option, anbutton or a search option icon appears. If the button appears, click it and either add additional OUs move on to the next section. If the search option icon appears, click it to select additional criteria related to the Availability option you chose, and then click .
This section only appears for off-cycle reviews.
Select the users that are able to assign this review. For example, if Self is selected, any user selected in the Availability section can launch the review task for themselves. If Self and Manager is selected, any user selected in the Availability section, as well as the manager of any user selected in the Availability section can assign the review. If Anyone is selected, any user in the system can assign the review to any user selected in the Availability section.
- Indirect Manager
- Compensation Specialist
- Department Lead
- Dotted Line Manager
- Anyone - Anyone in the system can assign the review to any user selected in the Availability section. Selecting this option deselects all of the other options.
- Printable Version
- My Team
- Talent Profile
Display all ratings as: - Select the way you want ratings to display.
The overall rating scale is used to determine the employee's final overall performance review score for the review. The default scale displayed is set in the Performance Review Sections area, but can be modified for each performance review task. See Define Default Performance Review Section Rating Scale.
To edit the overall rating scale for this particular task, click the Edit icon. See Define Performance Review Task Rating Scale.
- Auto-score Overall Performance Review Scores - Select this option to enable the auto-score functionality for overall performance review scores. When this option is selected, the following options are enabled:
- Trigger score (any items rated on or below this score will activate Auto-score) - In this field, enter the trigger score for the review task. If a user is rated at or below the trigger score for any item in the performance review, the user automatically fails the performance review task. For example, if the trigger score is set to 2, then any users that scores a 2 or lower on any item in the review (goal rating, competency rating, question list item), then the user automatically fails the performance review task.
- Overall resulting score if Auto-score is triggered - From the drop-down, select the overall resulting score that users receive if the auto-score is triggered. This is the score that the user receives if they receive the trigger score for any item in the review. The available values are the visible values included in the rating scale. Note: If the Overall Rating Scale for the performance review task is changed and the Automatic Failure Overall Resulting Score is no longer included or visible in the scale, then the Auto-score checkbox is unchecked and the score settings are cleared. See Automatic Failure Use Cases.
You can choose whether or not users can attach files to a review. Up to three attachments can be added to a review.
- Attachments can be up to 1 MB in size and are limited to ppt, pptx, doc, docx, pdf, jpg, jpeg, jpe, png, txt, gif, zip, xls, xlsx, csv, psd, bmp, rtf, msg, xml, and saz file types.
- Attachments are visible throughout the review, but do not display on the printable version.
- Files can be added by the reviewee, but reviewees can only remove files that they have uploaded. If the manager attaches a file to the review, the reviewee cannot remove it.
- Managers and other reviewers can both add and remove attachments, regardless of who uploaded them.
- Files cannot be uploaded during peer and direct report review steps.
- On the Task Details page, an Attachments icon displays for the review if the review has one or more attachments. See Performance Review Task Details.
The employee's full name and position automatically appear in the review. However, there may be times that more user information needs to be displayed to help provide the reviewers a more comprehensive user snapshot of the employee in the organization. Additional information can include the employee's user record information, which can contain hire and last hire dates, as well as OU information. Reviewers may even want to see the last overall performance review score, the date the employee was last reviewed, and the name of the task in which the employee was reviewed.
Click the Add icon to add employee information, which opens the Select Fields window. All of the user information contained in the user record is available as fields to select and display as part of the performance review. Select the appropriate fields and click Save. Fields can then be reordered by dragging and dropping them in the required order. Fields can also be deleted by clicking the Delete icon.
- Click to close this page.
- Click See Performance Review Task - Create/Edit Review Workflow and Add Sections. to proceed to the next tab.