Administrators can copy any checklist available to them from the Checklist Administration page.
Copying a checklist creates a new checklist with most options pre-selected based on the original checklist's settings. The same business rules are applied as when creating a checklist.
When you choose to copy an observation checklist, you are taken to the General step, which is the first step in the Create Observation Checklist process. To save a copy of a checklist, the Date Criteria must be valid. If the Date Criteria is valid, you can save the copy without editing any details. Otherwise, you can change the settings in each section before saving.
To copy an observation checklist, go to. Then, click the Copy icon in the Options column next to the checklist.
The information that is copied is detailed below, separated by section:
General (Step 1)
All General settings are copied. The following are some additional notes:
- Checklist Name: If Define Name is selected in the original checklist, then the name is also copied.
- Description: If Define Description is selected in the original checklist, then the description is also copied.
- Attachment Preferences: The attachment preferences and any attachments added by the administrator are copied.
- Rating Scale Preferences: The rating scale preferences are copied.
Preferences (Step 2)
When copying, the dates may need to be revised, as past dates cannot be used with Fixed dates or Recurring checklist types.
- Checklist Type: Copied
- Assignment Criteria: Copied. If this is set to a fixed date, the selected date cannot be in the past.
- Due Date: Copied. If this is set to a fixed date, the selected date cannot be in the past.
- Recurring Options: If the Checklist Type is Recurring, the recurrence settings are copied. If the Termination date is set to a fixed date, the selected date cannot be in the past.
- If the type is changed from Recurring to Standard, then the recurring date options are hidden. If the type is then changed back to Recurring the recurring date options are set to the system default selections.
- Validation: All Validation settings are copied.
- If an administrator copies a checklist and does not have the permission to add verifiers, then the previous availabilities are copied, but the administrator cannot expand on the criteria; they can only remove or edit the preference.
- If the administrator has the permission to add verifiers, but has limited constraints compared to the original checklist creator, the administrator sees the selected settings, but if they remove the setting and add to the availability, the administrator's constraints apply.
- If an administrator copies a checklist created by another administrator who did not have the permission to add verifiers, then the Validation settings are copied and the new administrator who does have permission to add verifiers can add additional verifiers.
The email selection is copied. Custom emails are also copied if applicable.
Confirm (Step 4)
This information is read-only.