- Create a checklist assignment
- Define a default validation method list that populates for each new checklist assignment
- Search for checklists by name, competency, and competency model name
- Inactivate or activate a checklist
- Indicate a checklist is dynamic in assignment and indicate the checklist should dynamically remove users from assignment if the user no longer meets the assignment criteria
- Edit or copy a checklist
- View the assignment and progress details of a checklist
The default display lists the most recently created checklist first, using the Date Created column. You can change the sort order by Name, Created By, Type, and Status, and also reverse the Date Created column sort.
Note: When modifying the validators for an observation checklist, the changes do not take effect until the following day because this is done in a nightly process.
To manage observation checklists, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Observation Checklists - Edit Validation Details||Grants access to edit a validation record for a competency or item for a user's checklist. This is an administrator permission.||Performance - Administration|
|Observation Checklist Admin - View||Grants access to view observation checklists. This permission also enables user to see progress of all users assigned to a given checklist. This is an administrator permission.||Performance - Administration|
Searching for Checklists
The administrator can search the list of checklists by checklist name, competency, and competency model. Inactive checklists can also be included in the search results by selecting the Include Inactive option.
- The results that display are dependent on which checklists are visible to the administrator based on permission constraints.
- A partial name entry returns results that have a partial match in the checklist name.
- The search filters act in combination with other search filters, so only checklists that match each search criteria display.
- Clicking the Competency or Competency Model field opens a pop-up, where users can select any available criteria. Only one competency and one competency model can be selected for a search.
- When the Include Inactive option is selected, inactive checklists that match the search criteria are also displayed in the search results.
By default, all available checklists are displayed in the results table and are ordered by the date on which they were created. You must use the search feature to narrow the results. The following information displays for each checklist:
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Name||The name of the checklist. Hover over this to view a description of the checklist.|
|Type||(e.g., Standard, Recurring)|
|Status||(e.g., Queued, Not Started, In Progress, Complete, Expired)|
By default, checklists are active. Deselect the Active option and click Save to deactivate the checklist.
Select this option to have the checklist automatically assigned to any user that meets the assignment criteria even after the initial assignment is made. When a feed runs for a client, any user that now meets the assignment criteria of the checklist receives the assignment of the checklist.
Note: This option cannot be modified if the checklist is in a Queued or Not Started status because the checklist can be edited to update the dynamic assignment and due dates within the checklist.
Select this option to have the checklist automatically remove any user that no longer meets the assignment criteria even after the initial assignment is made. When a feed runs for a client, any user that no longer meets the assignment criteria of the checklist is removed from the assignment of the checklist. This option operates independently of the Dynamically Assigned option. If this option is not selected, the system does not automatically remove any users from the checklist assignment.
In the options column, you can perform the following actions:
- Edit - Click this icon to edit the checklist. You must have the Observation Checklist - Manage permission to perform this action. All checklists can be edited at any time, regardless of its status. Note: When modifying the validators for an observation checklist, the changes do not take effect until the following day because this is done in a nightly process. See Observation Checklist - Create Overview.
- Copy - Click this icon to copy the checklist. You must have the Observation Checklist - Manage permission to perform this action. See Observation Checklist - Copy.
- View Details - Click this icon to view the assignment and progress details of a checklist. See Observation Checklist - View Details.