Note: Legacy Development Plans are scheduled to be retired with the May 2020 release. Redesigned Development Plans can be enabled via Corporate Preferences. See Corporate Preferences.
To edit a development plan template, go to, and in the Development Plan section, select . Next to the plan you are editing, in the Options column, click the Edit icon.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Development Plan Templates - Manage||Grants ability to create and edit development plan templates that can be made available for use by end users. This is an administrator permission.||Performance - Administration|
Title - Enter a title for the development plan template. This field is required. The character limit for this field is 100. If multiple languages are enabled, click the globe icon to translate the title into other available languages.
Category - From the drop-down list, select a category for the development plan template. All available templates are included in the drop-down list. This is optional.
Description - Enter a description for the template. This field accepts HTML code. This is optional and the character limit for this field is 3000 characters. If multiple languages are enabled, click the globe icon to translate the description into other available languages.
Custom fields can be added to a template by clicking the Note: This does not apply to development plans created from scratch or from another template. The fields must be created first from the Custom Fields area of the system. Once fields are added to the template, they can be reorganized by dragging and dropping them up or down. Custom fields must remain below the description and above the objectives.link. The selected custom fields are included in development plan template and are also included in any development plan created using this template.
Objectives can be added to a template by clicking thelink. This creates a new objective in the Objectives section.
- You must enter a title for the new objective. The character limit for the title is 3000. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Select a category for the objective from the drop-down list. This is used to organize objectives.
- There are three option icons next to the Objective Category drop-down list. These are actions that can be performed on the objective:
- Add Training Item - Click this icon to add training items that correspond to the objective. This opens the Select Training window where you can search for training by type, title, description, or language (if available).Training items that are added must be completed as a part of the objective within the development plan. Training items can be removed from an objective by clicking the Delete icon.
- Add Action Step - Click this icon to add action steps that correspond to the objective. This creates a text field where you can enter a name for the action step. This name should describe the action the user must take to complete the task. If multi-language is enabled, click the Globe icon to localize the action step name. This allows you to translate the name to all available languages. Action steps are actions that must be completed as a part of the objective within the development plan. You can also select an activity type from the drop-down list. Action items can be removed from an objective by clicking the Delete icon.
- Delete - Click this icon to remove the objective from the template. Instances of the template that have been created and assigned as development plans are not affected.
- Once objectives are added to the template, they can be reorganized by dragging and dropping them up or down. Objectives must remain below custom fields and above availability.
From the drop-down list, select the users for which the template is available. Only users that match the availability criteria are able to view and use the template. You can also create a new group by clicking thelink. The availability selections that the administrator can select are limited based on the constraints of the administrator.
- Once a selection is made, the selection appears in the table below the drop-down list. There, you have the option to include the subordinates in the selection. You can also remove the availability by clicking the Delete icon.