- The "All Reports" radio dial must be selected to see all reports that have been shared.
- The user needs to have "view" permissions for the type of custom reports shared.
- Constraints apply to permissions and will affect what data a user can view in the shared report.
|if the report includes data from both divisions A and B, but the users custom report view permission is constrained to Division A||the user will not see the division B data when viewing the report.|
|users share a report with others and each have the same permission constraints||the report cannot be refreshed independently by the receiving users. Note: The refresh button does not appear.|
Note: A user can refresh a custom report independently of other users with different permission constraints.
Certain fields in custom reports only allow for a set number of characters to be pulled in.
Example: If you include a training description, the output will be limited to 500 characters for each description.
- On the filter page for a custom report, select the "greatest registration number."
- When this filter is selected it will only pull in the most recent training instance for users in the report.
- Is the data correct? Do the actual results match what was expected?
- Are there inadvertent spaces or characters in the filters? This can happen in course titles or text in filters.
- Are the constraints correct? Check constraints on the user's permissions (the person viewing and creating the report).
Not all reports can be constrained.
Some reports were intended as Administrative reports and this is why they may not all have the option for constraints.
|the report can only be emailed to the email address on the user record of the user creating the report.|
Note: When setting up a report you will have the option to have the report emailed each time it runs.
- Run a custom transcript report with the field Time in Training (min) selected on the Select Fields step.
- This field provides the amount of time a user spent in an online course per the bookmarking sent back from the course.
- The report includes the name of the user, the title of the training and the time in training field.
- When a report is created, the amount of data is set by the person running the report.
- The preview shows the first 5000 records. A note appears in the preview when this occurs.
- If the number exceeds 5000 records, the preview option will be removed and the report must be saved.
Note: This is to ensure that if the report has a lot of data, running it twice is not necessary.
On the main custom report page, on the top right there is a time stamp which will tell an administrator when the data was last refreshed.
Note: This will indicate how up to date/current the data is.
You can create a Transcript Custom Report and use the User/OU filters to filter the report by the senior executive's Division Organizational Unit. Then, be sure to add the Transcript Status field to the report.
If you would like to view a specific transcript status, such as Complete or Incomplete, you can use the Transcript Status field as a field filter and select the desired status by which to filter the report.
Note: You can also create this report in Reporting 2.0 and apply the same filters. Or, you can create the report in Custom Reports and import the report using the custom report migration tool in Reporting 2.0.