The offline player allows users to complete online courses while not connected to the Internet. While using the offline player, online classes behave as though they are being used online: bookmarks are kept, progress is saved, etc. After reconnecting to the Internet, the results of the training must then be uploaded to the server by the user.
Note: In order to support .mov file types, the user must have QuickTime installed on their machine. For other file types (e.g., .mp4, .wmv), support is built into the Offline Player.
- Operating System:
- Windows XP
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2003
To install the Offline Player:
- Unzip the CSOD Offline Player #.zip file. # refers to the version number (e.g., 3_0 refers to version 3.0).
- The maximum path length for the installation files is 260, so it is recommended that the files are unzipped into a location that has a short path (e.g., C:\Installer\).
- Execute the setup.zip file.
- If the target machine does not have .NET 4.0 or higher installed, the installer will install it on the machine prior to installing the Offline Player.
- Choose a destination folder for the Offline Player.