The Talent Conference step enables the moderator (assessor) to schedule a talent conference meeting, select the participants of the meeting, and manage the outcomes of the meeting.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Task - View||Grants ability to view assigned tasks via Scheduled Tasks screen and Welcome Page My Tasks widget. This is an end user permission.||Core|
|EMAIL NAME||EMAIL DESCRIPTION||ACTION TYPE|
|Talent Conference Scheduling Notification||
This email is triggered when a talent conference is scheduled on the Talent Conference step of a Talent Conference succession task. This email is intended to inform moderators or reviewers of the talent conference location, date, and time. This email trigger also has a calendar meeting request file attached, which can be saved to the recipient's calendar tool. This email can be sent as a notification or a reminder to Moderator, Reviewer(s), or a specific user. The Moderator and Reviewer roles are defined in the Talent Conference SMP task.
The following unique tag is available for this email trigger:
Step Title and Directions
At the top of the page, the step title and directions are displayed, which are configured by the system administrator. Be sure to read the instructions prior to beginning the step.
The following options may be available from the Options drop-down menu:
- - This option is only available if the task is configured to allow co-planners. If co-planners have already been selected, then this option displays the current number of co-planners (e.g., "Manage Co-Planners (4)"). Select this option to view, add, and remove co-planners. This opens the Manage Co-Planners flyout.
- - Select this option to print the task using your browser. Clicking the option opens the Print window for your browser and allows you to print the task.
- - Select this option to generate a PDF version of the succession task. When a task owner generates a PDF, the PDF includes the work completed by the task owner. When a task reviewer generates a PDF, the PDF includes the work completed by the task reviewer.
To print the task:
- Click the Options drop-down. This opens the Task Print pop-up. You can either download the task as a PDF or print the task using your browser. option from the
to download the task as a PDF.
- The message in the pop-up changes to indicate that an email will be sent when the PDF is ready.
- The email address is pulled from your user record.
- The Succession Task PDF Notification email must be active and configured in Email Administration.
- If you have downloaded the PDF within the last 20 days, then when you click the Succession task title, the pop-up opens and indicates that your PDF is ready to download.
- Click to print the task from your browser. This opens the Print window for your browser and allows you to print the task.
This section enables the moderator to set the reviewers and assessees for the talent conference.
Reviewers are optional. To add a reviewer, either enter the user's name in the Search Users field, or select the pop-up icon . This opens the Select a user pop-up, in which multiple reviewers can be selected.
- To remove a reviewer, select the Remove icon to the right of the reviewer's name.
Add Employees for Talent Conference Calibration
To add employees for calibration within the talent conference, select the appropriate organizational unit (OU) type (OU, Group, or User) from the drop-down menu. Then, either enter the name in the field or select the pop-up icon . This opens the Select OU pop-up, in which an OU, group, or user can be selected. The moderator can select any OU, group, or user that is within the visibility that is set for them in the talent conference task.
- After selecting an OU, you may also choose to include the subordinate OUs. Note: When you include subordinate OUs, you include all subordinate OUs, not just the direct subordinate OUs.
- The maximum number of users who can be added as assessees is 2,000. However, only 600 users can be displayed on the Talent Conference Helicopter View at one time. If more than 600 users are selected, then the moderator must apply filters on the Talent Conference Helicopter View page to limit the number of users that are displayed on the grid.
- If a user's OUs are updated, and the user is either added to the talent conference or is removed from the talent conference, this is processed on a nightly basis.
- To remove an OU, select the Remove icon next to the OU.
Talent Conference Schedule
This section enables the moderator to define the talent conference schedule. Enter the following information to schedule the talent conference:
- Location - If the talent conference will take place in a physical location rather than virtually, then either enter the location name in the Search Locations field or select the pop-up icon . This opens the Select Location pop-up, in which a location can be selected. The location must be defined in the system before it is available to be selected.
- Date - Select the date on which the talent conference is scheduled. This cannot be a date in the past. This is required.
- Start Time - Select the start time of the talent conference.
- End Time - Select the end time of the talent conference.
- Time Zone - Select the time zone in which the talent conference is scheduled. This is pre-populated with the moderator's time zone. This time zone should correlate with the selected start and end time.
- Comments - In this field, enter any comments that should be sent to reviewers. These comments can be included in the Talent Conference Scheduling Notification email trigger, if enabled. Also, these comments will be included when reviewers receive an email invitation for the talent conference.
Add to Calendar
Select this button to preview and save the meeting invitations that will be sent to reviewers when the meeting is scheduled. This enables the moderator to utilize their email tool's scheduling tools to check if the selected schedule is in line with the reviewers' calendar availability.
Select this button to save the talent conference settings. This also triggers the Talent Conference Scheduling Notification email trigger, if enabled. This email trigger also has a calendar meeting request file attached, which can be saved to the recipient's calendar tool. If this email trigger is not configured, then no email is sent.
Assessees are required and must be selected prior to saving the talent conference. After this button is clicked, the reviewers and assessees are locked and can no longer be modified.
- The email details are determined by the configuration of the email trigger in Email Administration.
- If this email trigger is not configured, then no email is sent.
- The attached meeting request reflects the selected schedule and location.
- The attached meeting request's subject and content reflect what is configured in the Talent Conference Scheduling Notification email trigger.
- The attached meeting request includes a link to the talent conference Talent Conference Helicopter View page.
If the talent conference schedule is updated and saved, then this triggers the Talent Conference Re-Scheduled email, if configured. This email trigger has a calendar meeting request file attached, which can be saved to the recipient's calendar tool.
Launch Conference/Open Conference
Select this button to immediately open the talent conference, regardless of when the talent conference is scheduled. Assessees are required and must be selected prior to launching the talent conference. After this button is clicked, the reviewers and assessees are locked and can no longer be modified. After the conference is initially launched, thebutton is replaced with an button.
The talent conference opens, in which the Talent Conference Helicopter View is displayed with all of the selected assessees plotted within the grid. See SMP Talent Conference Task - Talent Conference Helicopter View.
Each time the talent conference is opened, the Talent Conference step is updated to reflect that the moderator launched the conference. "Last launched by [Moderator Name] on [Launch Date] at [Launch Time]" is displayed below the Comments field.
The following navigation buttons are available at the bottom of the page:
- - This button takes users to the previous step of the succession task. This button is not available on the first page of the succession task.
- - This button saves the assessor's progress and exits the succession task.
- - This button saves the assessor's progress and proceeds to the next step of the succession task. This button is not available on the final page of the succession task.
- Caution: A succession task cannot be reopened once it has been submitted. However, assessors are able to access the task up until the task end date, even if the task has been submitted. - This button submits the succession task. This button is only available when all sections of the task are complete.
When in read-only mode, the available buttons are, , and .