The User Profile - Development Plan sub-step allows the assessor to add development actions to the user's primary development plan or create a new development plan. Assessors can add action steps to the user's development plan. For organizations using the Learning module, assessors can access the Course Catalog to add training to the development plan.
Step Title and Directions
At the top of the page, the step title and directions are displayed, which are configured by the system administrator. Be sure to read the instructions prior to beginning the step.
The following options may be available from the Options drop-down menu:
- This option is only available if the task is configured to allow co-planners. If co-planners have already been selected, then this option displays the current number of co-planners (e.g., "Manage Co-Planners (4)"). Select this option to view, add, and remove co-planners. This opens the Manage Co-Planners flyout.
- To add a co-planner, select the pop-up icon . This opens the Select a User pop-up, in which a user can be selected.
- To remove a co-planner, select the Remove icon next to the user's name.
- Select the button in the Manage Co-Planners pop-up to save any changes to the co-planners.
- - Select this option to print the task using your browser. Clicking the option opens the Print window for your browser and allows you to print the task.
- - Select this option to generate a PDF version of the succession task. When a task owner generates a PDF, the PDF includes the work completed by the task owner. When a task reviewer generates a PDF, the PDF includes the work completed by the task reviewer.
To print the task:
- Click the Options drop-down. This opens the Task Print pop-up. You can either download the task as a PDF or print the task using your browser. option from the
to download the task as a PDF.
- The message in the pop-up changes to indicate that an email will be sent when the PDF is ready.
- The email address is pulled from your user record.
- The Succession Task PDF Notification email must be active and configured in Email Administration.
- If you have downloaded the PDF within the last 20 days, then when you click the Succession task title, the pop-up opens and indicates that your PDF is ready to download.
- Click to print the task from your browser. This opens the Print window for your browser and allows you to print the task.
Select thebutton to add items from the Course Catalog to the user's development plan. The Select Training flyout appears. Use the search fields and filters to select the appropriate training for the development plan. The training is added with a default due date of one year from the current date. However, this due date can be edited by editing the training. See the Edit / Delete Development Plan Item section below for additional information.
This button is only available for organizations using the Learning module.
Add Development Step
Select thebutton to add a freeform action step to the user's development plan. The Add Development Step flyout appears. Enter the following information for the action step:
- Development Action - Enter a description of the action step, up to 3000 characters. This should clearly identify what the user should do to complete the action step.
- Due Date - Select the date by which the user must complete the action step. This value defaults to one year from the current date.
Select thebutton to add the action step to the development plan.
Edit / Delete Development Plan Item
When a training item or action step is added to a development plan, an Options menu is available to the right of the action step. The following options are available for an item until it is saved to a development plan:
- Edit Item - This opens the Edit Action Step flyout where the assessor can edit the item. For action steps, the description and due date can be edited. For training, only the due date can be edited.
- Delete Item - This opens a confirmation pop-up. Select to remove the item from the development plan.
Note: These options are not available after the items have been saved to a development plan.
Create New Plan / Update Primary Plan / Update Plan
When the assessor has added training or action steps, the assessor may have the option to create a new development plan for the user or update the user's primary development plan.
- - Select this option to create a new development plan for the user. The Create Development Plan flyout appears. Enter a title for the development plan, and select the button. The title of the new development plan appears at the top of the development plan table.
- - This option is only available when the assessee already has a primary development plan. Select this option to add the development plan items to the user's existing primary plan. The title of the primary development plan appears at the top of the development plan table.
- - After choosing to create a new plan or update the primary plan, any additional items that are added must be saved to the selected development plan. If an action step or training item is added after this decision is made, the assessor must select this button to add the items to the development plan prior to saving the succession task.
Note: The due date for the development plan is automatically set to the latest due date of all items in the development plan.
Edit Development Plan Title
When a development plan has been created, the title of the development plan appears at the top of the development plan table. The assessor can edit the title of this development plan by selecting the Options menu to the right of the title and selecting theoption.
The following navigation buttons are available at the bottom of the page:
- - This button takes users to the previous step of the succession task. This button is not available on the first page of the succession task.
- - This button saves the assessor's progress and exits the succession task.
- - This button saves the assessor's progress and proceeds to the next step of the succession task. This button is not available on the final page of the succession task.
- Caution: A succession task cannot be reopened once it has been submitted. However, assessors are able to access the task up until the task end date, even if the task has been submitted. - This button submits the succession task. This button is only available when all sections of the task are complete.
When in read-only mode, the available buttons are, , and .
The assessor must save any development plan items to a development plan prior to saving the succession task. This is done by selecting the, , or button. If the assessor attempts to save the succession task when there are items that have not been saved to a development plan, a warning pop-up appears.