The Succession Chart - Review Position step enables the assessor to view the details of the incumbent. The assessor can identify potential successors for the incumbent.
To open a succession planning task, go to. Then, select the task name.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
Step Title and Directions
At the top of the page, the step title and directions are displayed, which are configured by the system administrator. Be sure to read the instructions prior to beginning the step.
The following options may be available from the Options drop-down menu:
- - This option is only available if the task is configured to allow co-planners. If co-planners have already been selected, then this option displays the current number of co-planners (e.g., "Manage Co-Planners (4)"). Select this option to view, add, and remove co-planners. This opens the Manage Co-Planners flyout.
- - Select this option to print the task using your browser. Clicking the option opens the Print window for your browser and allows you to print the task.
- - Select this option to generate a PDF version of the succession task. When a task owner generates a PDF, the PDF includes the work completed by the task owner. When a task reviewer generates a PDF, the PDF includes the work completed by the task reviewer.
To print the task:
- Click the Options drop-down. This opens the Task Print pop-up. You can either download the task as a PDF or print the task using your browser. option from the
to download the task as a PDF.
- The message in the pop-up changes to indicate that an email will be sent when the PDF is ready.
- The email address is pulled from your user record.
- The Succession Task PDF Notification email must be active and configured in Email Administration.
- If you have downloaded the PDF within the last 20 days, then when you click the Succession task title, the pop-up opens and indicates that your PDF is ready to download.
- Click to print the task from your browser. This opens the Print window for your browser and allows you to print the task.
- - Administrators may configure a succession planning task to display inactive successors. When this occurs and a potential successor becomes inactive in the system, then they still appear in the succession chart. When inactive successors appear in the succession chart, assessors can select this option to permanently remove all inactive successors within the succession chart.
Depending on the task configuration, the assessor may be required to identify a minimum number of successors. Also, there may be a maximum number of assessors that can be identified. In this case, the minimum and maximum values are displayed at the top of the page.
If potential successors have been added for the user, then they are displayed below the user's card with their name, photo, division, and position. Additional fields may be configured to display by the administrator. Depending on the configuration of the task, inactive successors may be displayed. Inactive successors do not count towards the minimum and maximum number of successors within the Succession Chart step.
To remove a potential successor, select the Trash Can icon to the right of the potential successor.
To quickly add a specific user as a successor, begin typing their name in the Search for your successors here field. When at least three characters are entered, the system's predictive search displays users who match your search. Select a user to add them as a potential successor.
To search for a user, select the Search icon to the right of the Search for your successors here field. The Select user flyout opens. Using the search functionality, search for a user by name or position.
Find Successors with Recommendations and Advanced Search
To view recommended successors or to define a set of advanced criteria to identify potential successors, select the Find Successors section. See SMP Task - Succession Chart Step - Recommended Successors and Advanced Search.button in the
Add External Users
To add a successor who is not within the organization, select the Add External section. This opens the Add External Successor flyout. Enter the appropriate information about the external successor, and then select the button. The external user is added to the list of successors.button in the
This option is only available if this functionality is enabled by the administrator.
Add Unknown User
To add an unknown user as a successor, select the Add Unknown section. This option should be used to add a placeholder for a successor when there are not enough adequate successors available.button in the
Save / Cancel
Select thebutton to save the selected successors. If the page contains incomplete data, then a warning pop-up appears. Select in the pop-up to partially save the page, or select to return to the page and view the error messages.
Selectto discard any unsaved changes to the user's successors.