Employee Relationship/Assessor Task - Metric Step
To open a succession planning task, go to. Then, select the task name.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
Step Title and Directions
At the top of the page, the step title and directions are displayed, which are configured by the system administrator. Be sure to read the instructions prior to beginning the step.
The following options may be available from the Options drop-down menu:
- Manage Co-Planners - This option is only available if the task is configured to allow co-planners. If co-planners have already been selected, then this option displays the current number of co-planners (e.g., "Manage Co-Planners (4)"). Select this option to view, add, and remove co-planners. This opens the Manage Co-Planners flyout.
- Print Succession Task - Select this option to print the task using your browser. Clicking the option opens the Print window for your browser and allows you to print the task.
- Download PDF - Select this option to generate a PDF version of the succession task. When a task owner generates a PDF, the PDF includes the work completed by the task owner. When a task reviewer generates a PDF, the PDF includes the work completed by the task reviewer.
To print the task:
- Click the Download PDF option from the Options drop-down. This opens the Task Print pop-up. You can either download the task as a PDF or print the task using your browser.
to download the task as a PDF.
- The message in the pop-up changes to indicate that an email will be sent when the PDF is ready.
- The email address is pulled from your user record.
- The Succession Task PDF Notification email must be active and configured in Email Administration.
- If you have downloaded the PDF within the last 20 days, then when you click the Succession task title, the pop-up opens and indicates that your PDF is ready to download.
- Click to print the task from your browser. This opens the Print window for your browser and allows you to print the task.
The metric grid displays the users in the task. Each user's placement on the grid is determined by their current succession ratings. If the user is missing a rating for one or more of the metrics associated with the grid, then the user is displayed in the Unrated Employees table below the grid.
The header for each cell displays the grid rating that corresponds with the grid position. The header also displays the number and percentage of users who are currently included in the cell. The cell count and percentage values are dynamically updated if users are moved to different grid locations.
Metric Grid - Show on Grid
The assessor can use the Show drop-down menu to determine what type of information is displayed on the Metric step. Note: This setting also applies to the Unrated Employees table. The following options are available from the drop-down menu:
- Picture Only - This option displays only the users' photographs, and their names are hidden. This may be helpful when there are many users on the grid because it enables more users to be displayed. If a user does not have a photograph, then the user's initials are displayed to help identify the user.
- Picture and Full Name - This option displays the users' photographs and full names.
- Indirect Subordinates - This option is only available within a Manager task. This option displays the manager's direct and indirect subordinates on the grid. The positions of indirect subordinates cannot be updated by the manager. A prefix is added before each indirect subordinate's name to clearly identify them as indirect subordinates. The prefix is configured by the administrator.
Metric Grid - Calibrate User Ratings
Depending on the configuration of the step, the assessor may be able to override the calculated position in the grid by dragging and dropping the user to a new location on the grid. If the user's position is overridden, then an asterisk appears next to the user's name to indicate the grid position has changed. When a user's position is moved, the system stores the user's new rating for the metric grid.
Metric Grid - Reset Grid Placements
Reset all employees to their calculated positions by selecting thebutton. The calculated positions are determined by their most recently saved succession ratings.
Metric Grid - Unrated Employees
If a user is missing a rating for one or more of the grid's axis, then the user appears in the Unrated Employees table below the grid. The table contains multiple tabs to indicate which ratings the user is missing. For example, when viewing the Performance Potential grid, if a user is missing a Performance rating, then the user will appear in the No Performance tab of the Unrated Employees table. If the user does not have neither a Performance nor a Potential rating, then the user will appear in the No Rating tab of the table.
Depending on the configuration of the task, the assessor may be able to drag and drop a user from the Unrated Employees table to a specific location on the metric grid. The system updates the user's current ratings to match the user's placement on the grid. An asterisk appears next to the calibrated employee to indicate that the user's ratings have been updated.
View User Information
The assessor can select any user in the grid or in the Unrated Employees table to view additional information about the user. This opens the User Info flyout. See User Card Flyout.
Pre-populated Succession Information
Succession planning tasks can be configured to pre-populate the most recent succession data. If the task is configured to pre-populate data, then the following data elements are automatically populated with the most recent data:
- Grid Placements - The most recent metric grid placements for each user are automatically populated when the step is opened. The most recent placements can either be from Helicopter View or from a succession task. The succession planner can update the grid placements as needed.
The following navigation buttons are available at the bottom of the page:
- - This button takes users to the previous step of the succession task. This button is not available on the first page of the succession task.
- - This button saves the assessor's progress and exits the succession task.
- - This button saves the assessor's progress and proceeds to the next step of the succession task. This button is not available on the final page of the succession task.
- Caution: A succession task cannot be reopened once it has been submitted. However, assessors are able to access the task up until the task end date, even if the task has been submitted. - This button submits the succession task. This button is only available when all sections of the task are complete.
When in read-only mode, the available buttons are, , and .