Employee Relationship/Assessor Task - Batch Rating Step
To open a succession planning task, go to. Then, select the task name.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Succession Management Plan Templates - Manage||Grants ability to create and edit Succession Management Plan (SMP) templates for use in assessing talent (incumbents and successors) in SMP tasks. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Talent/Succession - Administration|
Step Title and Directions
At the top of the page, the step title and directions are displayed, which are configured by the system administrator. Be sure to read the instructions prior to beginning the step.
The following options may be available from the Options drop-down menu:
- Manage Co-Planners - This option is only available if the task is configured to allow co-planners. If co-planners have already been selected, then this option displays the current number of co-planners (e.g., "Manage Co-Planners (4)"). Select this option to view, add, and remove co-planners. This opens the Manage Co-Planners flyout.
- To add a co-planner, select the pop-up icon . This opens the Select a User pop-up, in which a user can be selected.
- To remove a co-planner, select the Remove icon next to the user's name.
- Select the button in the Manage Co-Planners pop-up to save any changes to the co-planners.
- Print Succession Task - Select this option to print the task using your browser. Clicking the option opens the Print window for your browser and allows you to print the task.
- Download PDF - Select this option to generate a PDF version of the succession task. When a task owner generates a PDF, the PDF includes the work completed by the task owner. When a task reviewer generates a PDF, the PDF includes the work completed by the task reviewer.
To print the task:
- Click the Download PDF option from the Options drop-down. This opens the Task Print pop-up. You can either download the task as a PDF or print the task using your browser.
to download the task as a PDF.
- The message in the pop-up changes to indicate that an email will be sent when the PDF is ready.
- The email address is pulled from your user record.
- The Succession Task PDF Notification email must be active and configured in Email Administration.
- If you have downloaded the PDF within the last 20 days, then when you click the Succession task title, the pop-up opens and indicates that your PDF is ready to download.
- Click to print the task from your browser. This opens the Print window for your browser and allows you to print the task.
Use the filter options to sort users based on specific rating values.
Ratings and Fields
In the table, select ratings and field values for each user. Required fields are indicated by a red asterisk next to the column header. If a custom field is included in the table, then the field is only displayed in the table if it is available to the assessor.
Important: Even if a user only had read-only fields, they must be viewed in order to confirm their ratings in the Batch Rating step. If not all of the users have been at least viewed, the assessor cannot proceed to the next step. Select each page of users to view and confirm any users with only read-only fields.
When more than 10 users are available in the table, a Show drop-down is available in the upper-right corner of the table. This enables the assessor to determine the number of users that are displayed in the table at one time.
View a User's Subordinates
Managers may have the option to view the direct subordinates of users within the table. This option is only available when the functionality is enabled by the administrator. Note: The option to view a user's subordinates is only available in Manager tasks.
To view the subordinates of a user within the Batch Rating table, select the View Subordinates (Right Arrow) icon to the right of a user's name. The table expands to display a read-only view of the user's subordinates and their ratings and fields.
- Managers can only view the subordinates for one user at a time. If the View Subordinates icon is selected for a second user, then the first expanded user is collapsed.
- This icon is not available if the user does not have any subordinates.
Show Users with Incomplete Fields
If an assessor attempts to save the Batch Rating step when they have not completed all required fields, a notification message is displayed above the Batch Rating table which indicates the number of users for which the assessor has not completed all required fields.
- Show users with incomplete fields - Select this link to refresh the Batch Rating table to only display users who have required fields that are incomplete. This link appears above the Batch Rating table when the assessor attempts to save the Batch Rating step when there are incomplete required fields.
- Refresh users with incomplete fields - Select this link to refresh the Batch Rating table to remove any users for whom the assessor has provided all required fields. This link appears below the Batch Rating table when the assessor is viewing users with incomplete fields.
- Click here to show all users - Select this link to refresh the Batch Rating table to display all users. This link appears above the Batch Rating table when the assessor is viewing users with incomplete fields.
Pre-populated Succession Information
Succession planning tasks can be configured to pre-populate the most recent succession data. If the task is configured to pre-populate data, then the following data elements are automatically populated with the most recent data:
- Ratings - The most recent succession ratings for each user are automatically populated when the step is opened. The most recent ratings can either be from Succession Snapshot or from a succession task. The succession planner can update the field values as needed.
The following navigation buttons are available at the bottom of the page:
- - This button takes users to the previous step of the succession task. This button is not available on the first page of the succession task.
- - This button saves the assessor's progress and exits the succession task.
- - This button saves the assessor's progress and proceeds to the next step of the succession task. This button is not available on the final page of the succession task.
- Caution: A succession task cannot be reopened once it has been submitted. However, assessors are able to access the task up until the task end date, even if the task has been submitted. - This button submits the succession task. This button is only available when all sections of the task are complete.
When in read-only mode, the available buttons are, , and .