The Succession tab of My Team displays the current metric ratings and successor information for the user, based on the My Team preferences.
The manager can view the most recent succession ratings for the direct or indirect report along with potential successors for the direct or indirect report. Two sections appear on the page, one for the direct or indirect report's current succession ratings and the other for the direct or indirect report's potential successors. The manager can view the individuals profile by clicking on thelink.
Within the Succession display, SMP task data is available as soon as the corresponding SMP task is submitted. This page displays the most recent SMP metric ratings. Updated ratings display once a task including the employee has been submitted.
Within the Succession Profile, SMP task data is available as soon as the corresponding SMP task is saved. Thelink is visible by the manager who created the plan.
If at least one of the SMP metric rating fields is configured to allow updates in My Team, in the upper-right corner of the Current Ratings section, an Note: If none of the SMP metric rating fields are configured to allow updates in My Team, then this link is not available.link is available. Managers and administrators can click this link to modify the user's metric ratings and potential successors.
Note: Any ratings that are received via an SMP Assessor task with the Allow Managers access to the results of this Assessor Task option unselected do not update My Team and Helicopter View ratings, grid placements, or potential successors. These ratings do not appear in My Team and they are not reflected in Helicopter View.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
The Current Ratings section displays the employee's most recently applied rating value, which may be from an SMP task that is accessible by the manager or an update made via My Team by the manager or administrator. The specific metric ratings that display are determined by the administrator.
For each rating, the name of the rating and text rating appears.
- A rating bar graphically displays the rating.
- The color on the rating bar is be based on the rating scale metric definition defined by the administrator.
For each successor, the successors name appears along with the position and manager.
If the successor was rated and color coded by a rating scale metric on the succession plan, then to the right of the successors name, the rating metric and text rating appears.
A status light appears next to the name of each successor. The status light is color coded based on the same rating metric.
Update Current Ratings and Successors
Updates to an employee's ratings are immediately available in standard and custom reports that use the most recent ratings, grid placements, or potential successors.
When a manager or administrator clicks thelink, the Succession page refreshes.
- In the Current Ratings section, the manager or administrator can modify the employee's metric rating fields that have been configured to allow updates. Updates to ratings only apply to the employee's current ratings; completed SMP tasks that share the same metrics are not affected.
- In the upper-right corner of the Potential Successors section, an Add Successors drop-down is available and allows the manager or administrator to add a potential successor for the employee using Talent Search, recommended successors, or external successors. The following options are available in the drop-down list:
- Talent Search - This option opens the Candidate Search page, which the manager can use to search for successors using current succession values, rather than completed SMP tasks. Note: This option is only available if enabled in My Team Preferences.
- Recommended - This option opens the Recommend Successors pop-up, in which the system recommends successors. See the Recommend Successors section below for additional information. Note: This option is only available if enabled in My Team Preferences.
- Name External - This option opens the Add External Candidate pop-up, in which the manager can manually add an external successor for the employee. Note: This option is only available if enabled in My Team Preferences.
- In the Potential Successors section, the manager or administrator can manage potential successors.
- A potential successor's rating can be modified by selecting a different value from the drop-down list. This rating that displays is the employee's most recently applied rating value, which may be from an SMP task or an update made via My Team that was set by the manager or administrator.
- A potential successor can be removed by clicking the Delete icon to the right of the successor. Note: Removing a potential successor only removes the successor from the Potential Successor's section. If a successor was added through an SMP task, the SMP task is unaffected.
From the Recommend Successors pop-up, the system can recommend successors for an employee. Potential successors are retrieved by matching the job profile of the employee's job with the ratings of users within the system.
Click thebutton to retrieve recommended successors. The list of recommended successors is displayed below the employee whose position is being evaluated. Along with the user's current information, the system displays how well the user matches the job profile. If a user has a matching percentage of 100%, then that user completely matches the job profile.
Select recommended successors by checking the box to the left of the successor and then click thebutton. The selected successors then appear in the Potential Successors section.
Save or Cancel
Click to save the employee's current ratings or potential successors. The system will use all updated ratings in all reports that use the "most recent" rating. This includes the Succession Metric Ratings Report, Successor Details by Incumbent Report, Successor Details by Successor Report, SMP PowerPoint Template Report, and SMP External Candidate Report.
Clickto discard any unsaved changes to the employee's current ratings or potential successors.