Expert Q & A (Old Knowledge Bank)
Expert Q & A is an Expert Query tool to align subject matter experts with those seeking expertise.
Topic Management is only available to users identified as Topic Managers and can only be accessed by adding the page to Navigation Tabs and Links preferences, therefore navigation will vary.
|Knowledge Bank Topic Expert
||Grants ability to post answers to questions posted to topics for which the user is designated as Topic Expert. Only Topic Experts may respond to Q&A posts in Knowledge Bank topics.
|Knowledge Bank Topic Manager
||Grants ability to add postings to Knowledge Bank topics for which the user is designated as Topic Manager. Also grants ability to specify experts, require posting approval and modify key words for those topics.
Adding an Expert to a Topic
- Access the Topic Management page.
- Click Edit icon to edit the Topic
- Click the Click to Add an Expert link to add an expert or multiple experts to the topic
Answering Questions as an Expert
- Go to Knowledge page
- Click Expert Q&A link
- All Questions - to display both answered and unanswered questions
- Only Unanswered Questions - to display only questions still without responses
- Click Answer to respond to questions posted
- Answer - enter a free-form text
- Browse - to attach a file and select a file to attach
- Open to attach the file. Browse area will populate with file path. Click to Add to attach a file.
Helpful Hints - Posting Replies
- Multiple topic expert can post a reply to an Expert Q&A posting.
- When adding someone as a expert, it will add them to the Dynamically assigned security role Knowledge Bank Topic Expert which will make the visible make the Expert Q&A sub link on the Knowledge page.
Helpful Hints - Available Emails
- Question Asked in Area of Expertise email triggers when a user posts a question in the Knowledge Bank.
- Question Answered email triggers when the Topic Expert has answered a Knowledge Bank question.