The Plan Summary tab of a compensation task displays the allocations and budgets for each subordinate compensation managers' compensation plan. Allocation and budget values are taken from the last submitted or last active draft of each compensation plan.
This tab reflects only components that are included in the compensation plan templates. If a component is hidden from a compensation plan template, then the component does not appear in this tab.
- A bonus component is not considered hidden unless all three bonus component columns have been hidden (% Attained, Target, and Bonus).
- An equity component with a target is not considered hidden unless the component and the target are both hidden.
The Plan Summary tab only displays if the following is true:
- The task is a standard compensation tasks.
- The compensation manager has subordinate compensation managers based on the hierarchy view set for the task.
- The hierarchy view set for the task does not contain a circular reference.
To access the Plan Summary tab of a compensation task, go to Home > Scheduled Tasks. Click the compensation task title. Then, click the Plan Summary tab.
At the top of the page, the breadcrumbs for the page are displayed. Users can click the links within the breadcrumbs to navigate to those pages. Note: The page to which the Home icon is linked is configured by the administrator in Navigation Tabs and Links.
The breadcrumbs include the compensation task name and the name of the compensation manager who is completing the compensation task. If the co-planner is completing the compensation task, then the name of the compensation manager for whom the co-planner is planning is displayed.
User Profile Dashboard
At the top of the compensation task, the User Profile Dashboard is displayed. This section displays the compensation task title, the Options drop-down menu, view controls, and a summary of the compensation manager and the compensation task components.
Plan Summary Table
The Plan Summary information can be viewed for any subordinate compensation manager. The compensation manager can click a user's photograph to view the corresponding user's Plan Summary information. When a new user is selected, the User Profile Dashboard is also updated to display the selected user's information.
The table displays the following information:
- Name - This column displays the following information for each direct subordinate compensation manager of the user who is displayed in the User Profile Dashboard:
- Name and Photograph - By default, compensation managers are displayed in alphabetical order by last name. If the user has subordinate compensation managers, clicking the name or photograph opens the Plan Summary information for the corresponding compensation manager. Otherwise, clicking the photograph opens the Compensation Plans tab for the corresponding compensation manager.
- Hierarchy Icon - This icon is displayed if the user has subordinate compensation managers. Click the icon to view the Plan Summary information for the corresponding compensation manager.
- Components - Each of the components that are configured to be displayed in the compensation task are displayed. The component allocation appears above the component budget. The manner in which the allocations are displayed (e.g., amount, percentage, currency) can be modified using the view controls in the User Profile Dashboard. Components can be sorted by allocation in Amount view by clicking the column header. Allocation and budget values are taken from the last submitted or last active draft of each compensation plan. The components are displayed in the following order:
- Status - This column displays the status for the compensation manager's compensation plan. The status is linked to the appropriate page of the user's compensation plan:
- Not Started - This opens the Compensation Plan History pop-up. See Compensation Task - View Plan History.
- In Progress - This opens the Compensation Plan History pop-up.See Compensation Task - View Plan History.
- Pending Approval - This opens the Compensation Plan History pop-up. See Compensation Task - View Plan History.
- Approve Plan - This opens the compensation plan for approval. This status only appears if the user that is viewing the Plan Summary tab is the next approver in the approval workflow (or the co-planner for the approver).See Compensation Plan - Summary/Read-only/Approval Tab.
- Approved - This opens the Compensation Plan History pop-up. See Compensation Task - View Plan History.
- Denied - This opens the Compensation Plan History pop-up. See Compensation Task - View Plan History.
If a subordinate compensation manager becomes inactive during the task, "(Inactive)" appears next to their name. If the compensation task is inactive due to the compensation manager becoming inactive, the plan cannot be acted upon unless a co-planner is assigned the task.