Compensation Plan - Summary/Read-only/Approval Tab
The Summary/Read-only/Approval view enables compensation managers to view all components and their allocations from the compensation plan for each employee. Allocations cannot be edited in this view.
To access the Summary tab when creating a compensation plan, click the Summary tab. This is always the last tab in the compensation plan.
To access the Read-only view of a compensation plan when viewing the compensation task, from the Compensation Plans tab, select the View option for a specific draft.
To access the Approval view of a compensation plan, view a compensation plan for which you are an approver. The Approval view is only available when the compensation manager is an approver for the compensation plan but does not have editing rights.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Compensation Plan - Manage||Grants Compensation Managers the ability to access to the landing page of their assigned compensation tasks. This permission also grants the ability to create and manage compensation plans within the task. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an end user permission.||Compensation|
Search and Filter Users
Compensation managers and approvers can search for users within a compensation plan by name, position, and eligibility status.
- Search by Name - This field enables managers to search for specific users within the compensation plan by name. When a search is conducted, the search query is retained as the compensation manager navigates between tabs.
- The Budget Summary and Compensation Analytics are not impacted or limited when a search is conducted.
- Compensation managers can search by <First Name>, by <Last Name>, or by <First Name> <Last Name>. Compensation managers cannot search by <Last Name> <First Name>.
- Compensation managers can search for multiple names by separating them by a semicolon.
- Position - This field enables managers to filter the compensation plan by position. When one or more position organizational unit (OU) is selected, the compensation plan only displays users who are within the selected positions. This enables compensation managers to easily compare employees within the same position or similar positions. The filter only contains the positions that are associated with users within the compensation plan. If there are no users within the compensation plan, then this filter is not available.
- Show Ineligible Employees - Select this option to include ineligible employees in the search. No component data is displayed and no options are available for ineligible employees.
The Effective Date is displayed for each component in the compensation plan. This indicates when the changes for each component will be effective if the compensation plan is approved.
The Effective Date for each component is set when the component template is added to the compensation task.
For standard off-cycle compensation tasks, this functionality is only available if the Effective Date setting for the task is configured so that the assigner can define the effective date at the launch of the task.
For modeling compensation tasks, this functionality is not available.
The following options enable the compensation manager to customize how information is displayed in the Plan Details table:
- View - From the drop-down, select whether components are displayed as an amount or as a percentage. Administrators can configure the default selection for this option when configuring the compensation template.
- Amount - Select this option to display components as fixed currency amounts. This option is selected by default.
- Percentage - Select this option to display components as percentages of the budget (i.e., <ALLOCATION> divided by <BUDGET>). If no budget applies or has been set, "--%" is displayed.
- Currency - From the drop-down, select the currency in which currency amounts are displayed throughout the compensation plan tab. If only one currency is available, then the currency is displayed as text and cannot be modified. Currency conversions are based upon the conversion rate at the time the compensation task was launched. The following currencies may be available:
- Show Ineligible Employees - Select this option to include ineligible employees in the Plan Details table for the current tab. No component data is displayed and no options are available for ineligible employees. This option is unchecked by default.
- Show All Comments - Select whether all comments for each user are displayed directly in the Plan Details table. When this option is selected, all comments for the current compensation plan tab are displayed in the Plan Details table. The user photo and name of the compensation manager who wrote the comment and the date and time at which the comment was made are displayed for each comment. The newest comments are displayed first. This option is unchecked by default.
- Show - From the drop-down, select the maximum number of users who can be displayed in the Plan Details table. If more than the selected number is available, then the additional users appear on a separate page, and the compensation manager must navigate to each page to view all users. This option is only available if at least 16 users are available to be displayed in the Plan Details table.
Plan Details Table
The plan details table can be sorted by any of the data or component columns in the plan. Only one column can be sorted at a time. Monetary values are sorted based on string values, so all hourly rates appear above salary rates when sorted from low to high. In addition, $500 appears before 1000 Yen when sorted from low to high regardless of the currency conversion.
- The sorting applies to the entire compensation plan tab, regardless of the number of pages. If the compensation manager is not on the first page when they sort the plan, they are taken to the first page of the plan.
- To sort the compensation plan based on a certain column, click the column heading. To reverse the sort order, click the column heading again. When navigating to a different tab, the sort order is not saved.
The following information is displayed for each user in the Plan Details table:
- User Photograph
- Name - Click the user's name to open their Universal Profile - Snapshot in a separate window. See Universal Profile - Snapshot Overview. If Universal Profile - Snapshot is not enabled, then this opens their Universal Profile - Bio in a separate window. See Universal Profile - Bio Overview.
- Options - To view which options are available for a user, click the Options drop-down to the right of the user's name. See the User Options section below for additional information.
- Components - For each component included in the compensation plan, a column appears to the right of the Name column. The layout of the columns and the column names are configured by the compensation administrator when the compensation task is created. See the Components section below for additional information.
At the bottom of the Plan Details table, the horizontal scroll bar is always visible when viewing any part of the Plan Details table when not all data in the table can be displayed on the screen. The horizontal scroll bar enables the user to scroll left and right on the Plan Details table. As the user scrolls vertically on the page while the Plan Details table is displayed, the horizontal scroll bar for the Plan Details table floats at the bottom of the screen.
The following options may be available by selecting the Options drop-down to the right of the user's name:
- More Info - Select this option to open the expanded view of the employee. This option is only available if the expanded view is enabled for at least one component tab (i.e., Base, Bonus, Equity). This option is also available if the user has been promoted. See Compensation Plan - Employee Expanded View.
- Comment - Select this option to view a history of all of the comments made regarding the user for all component tabs (i.e., Base, Bonus, Equity). This option also enables the compensation manager to add a new comment. See Compensation Plan - Comments.
For each component included in the compensation plan, a column appears to the right of the Current Salary column. The layout of the columns and the column names are configured by the compensation administrator when the compensation task is created. Components can be hidden from this page when creating the compensation task. Hiding a component from the Summary page hides the component from the Budget Summary graph, but it does not hide the component as a column in the table.
If a component allocation is outside the component guidelines, a yellow Error icon appears to the right of the component allocation. See Compensation Plan - Outside Guidelines.
Line Item Approval
If a compensation plan has been denied with line item approval and the original compensation manager is viewing the compensation plan, the approval or denial details appear to the left of each employee.
Employee Expanded View
Each employee row is collapsed by default. To view detailed information for the employee, select the More Info option from the Options drop-down menu that appears to the right of the user photo in the Plan Details table. Note: The Options drop-down is not available for ineligible employees.
See Compensation Plan - Employee Expanded View.
Budget Summary Graph
The Budget Summary graph appears below the Plan Details table on Compensation Plan template and summary pages. This graph displays allocations, budgets, and remaining available allocations for each component that is configured to display. The graph is updated dynamically as the compensation plan is edited. See Compensation Plan - Budget Summary Graph Overview.
On the Summary tab, compensation managers can add additional comments regarding the compensation plan before it is finalized. The additional comments are then viewable within the Plan History pop-up.
When in read-only view, this section displays any existing additional comments, but this field cannot be edited.
At the bottom of the page, the following buttons may be available:
- - Select this button to save the compensation plan without submitting it.
- - Select this button to return to the previous page.
- Select this button to submit the compensation plan. This button is only available on the Summary tab. This button is only available if the following is true:
- All allocations are within the corresponding guidelines and thresholds.
- If there are Cascaded Budget Type components, all budgets have been distributed.
- If there are Cascaded Budget Type components, all subordinate compensation plans have been submitted.
- See Compensation Plan - Approve/Deny Confirmation. - Select this button to deny the compensation plan. This button is only available if the compensation plan is pending the compensation manager's approval. This opens the Approve/Deny Confirmation pop-up.
- See Compensation Plan - Approve/Deny Confirmation. - Select this button to approve the compensation plan. This button is only available if the compensation plan is pending the compensation manager's approval. This opens the Approve/Deny Confirmation pop-up.