Upgrade Child LOs
Prior to this enhancement, when versioning a curriculum with the Maintain Progress option, child training items with a sequence of 1 within the curriculum structure were upgraded to new versions (if available) when the parent curriculum was versioned. Child training items that were in sequence 2 or greater were auto-completed with the previous version upon activation if the previous version was completed.
With this enhancement, if a newer version of child training exists, the user will be upgraded to the new version instead of retaining the progress from a prior version, regardless of the child training item's sequence. When the option to maintain progress when versioning a curriculum is selected, users maintain completions for child training items that do not have a newer version available. Child training items that have newer versions will be upgraded when they are assigned the new curriculum version.
- Sue has Curriculum V1 on her Completed transcript.
- Curriculum V1 contains both Material A V1 (sequence 1) in a Completed status and Material B V1 (sequence 2) in a Completed status.
- Material A V1 is versioned to Material A V2, but Sue does not receive the upgraded version because the Completed status was not selected by the administrator during versioning.
- Material B V1 is versioned to Material B V2, but Sue does not receive the upgraded version because the Completed status was not selected by the administrator during versioning.
- Curriculum is now V3 because two child training items within the curriculum were versioned.
- The administrator adds Online Course V1 (sequence 3) to the curriculum, and Curriculum V3 is versioned to V4 because of this addition. The versioning options selected include: All Versions, All Statuses, and Maintain Progress.
- Sue receives Curriculum V4 with Material A V2 in a Registered status, with Material B V2 in a Pending Prior Training status, and Online Course V1 in a Pending Prior Training status.
- With this enhancement, once Sue completes Material A V2, Material B V2 is in Registered status.
- If the administrator selected that Material A V2 requires retraining (from Material A V1), the user will receive the new version because it requires retraining. Thus, the user will be in a Registered status for Material A V2.
- If Material A V2 is set as equivalent to Material A V1, then once the user is upgraded to V2, they will auto-complete to a Completed Equivalent status.