Prior to this enhancement, the Session Completion Date setting configured via ILT Preferences did not apply to equivalencies, so all calculations were based on the roster submission date.
With this enhancement, the Session Completion Date configuration set in ILT Preferences is now applicable to equivalencies. The configurations set for the Session Completion Date option in ILT preferences determine how the completion date is calculated for equivalencies.
This enhancement ensures that events always inherit the session completion date based on ILT preference settings. See the below use cases for more information about expected behaviors of this functionality:
- If the session includes required post-work, the completion of the session moves the session to a Pending Post-work status. After the post-work is completed by the user, the session is marked complete based on the post-work's completion date.
- If a session has a required post-work item that the user has already completed, the completion of the session marks the event with completion date of the session based on ILT preferences.
- If the user completes the pre-work for a session, the completion of the session marks the event with the completion date of the session based on ILT preferences.
- If a session requires a signature, the completion of the session changes the session status to Pending Signature, and once the user signs, the event is marked complete with a completion date based the signature date.
- If the event has two or more sessions, and the first session is completed, the first session's completion date is mapped to the completion date of the Event. When the second session is completed, the event will be marked complete for the second registration with the same completion date as the second session.
Note: The following section of considerations applies to equivalencies. Equivalencies can only be configured at the event level.
- If an event has an equivalent training and is bidirectional, and the session is registered and on a user's transcript, the session completion marks the event complete with the session completion date. When the training equivalency is in a Registered status on the user’s transcript, it will inherit the session completion date.
- If an event is equivalent to Training A, and a user has Training A and a session of the event in a Registered status on their transcript, when Training A is completed, the event will be marked complete with Training A's completion date, and the session will have a second registration and inherit the session completion date. The event will inherit the session completion date according to ILT preferences.
- When an event is equivalent to a training item, and the event is registered on the user’s transcript, when the equivalent training is completed, the event is marked completed with the training equivalent's completion date.
Example: Multiple Equivalencies for the Same Training
If Event A is equivalent to both Material B and Test C, and the user completes Material B and then completes Test C, when the user registers for Event A, the completion date of Material B is associated with Event A.
For more information about the compliance enhancements made to Equivalencies:
For more information about ILT Preferences: See ILT Preferences - General.