Cornerstone for Salesforce Integration
A Cornerstone for Salesforce (CFS) integration is available in the Edge Marketplace. Once this integration is enabled, learners are empowered to interact with content within their flow-of-work by seamlessly surfacing Learner Home content in Salesforce. Administrators can add Cornerstone transcripts, learning carousels, and search components to any Force.com page or use the out-of-the box CFS Learner Home page. End users can view their full transcript, learning carousels and followed playlists. Additionally, end users can search for, launch, and complete learning, - all without leaving Salesforce.
Note: CFS is only available on the Lightning platform.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Learner Home||Grants access to the Learner Home and the Learning Search page. This is an end user permission. This permission cannot be constrained.||Learning|
|Edge Integrations - Manage||Grants access to the Integrations service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can configure, enable, and disable their third-party integrations that are used within the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|
|Access Partner Authorization - Manage||Grants ability to manage partner authorized access to portal via Partner Access Administration. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
|Note: To view CFS components, users need the Cornerstone User permission. To manage CFS components, users need Cornerstone Admin permission. You assign these permissions in Salesforce.|
Install and Configure CFS
You install and configure CFS in the Edge Marketplace. To access the CFS Edge tile, go to. Search for "Cornerstone for Salesforce", click the tile, and then click the link for installation and configuration instructions.
Manage the CFS Administrator View
Administrators can use the Lightning App Builder in Salesforce to add transcript, carousel, and search components to any page on Force.com. You can also move components around and delete them. Once the page configuration is done, activate the page so that users can access it.
Open the Lightning App Builder
- In Salesforce, click . In the Quick Find box, type Lightning App Builder, and then click in the results. The Lightning App Builder page opens.
- In the Lightning App Builder, select one of the following options:
- Create a new page - To create a new page, click Label, select an Object (if visible) and click the button. Select a page format, and then click Note: If you are creating a new Home Page, for best results use the Console: Pinned Header and Left Sidebar (3 regions) or Console: Pinned Left Sidebar (3 regions)page template. , select a page type and click . Enter a
- Edit an existing page - To modify an existing CFS home page, click for the appropriate page.
The Lightning Components page opens.
Add Components - Drag and Drop
Drag and drop CFS components onto any Force.com page to customize the end user's learner experience. You can also delete and move components. See Delete or Move a Component.
- In the Lightning App Builder, in the left pane, select a CFS component and drag and drop it into a designated area.
Administrators can perform the following tasks for each component:
- Click to save the changes.
Once the page is configured, administrators can activate a page and select it as the organizational default, set it for specific Lightning apps, or set it for different user profiles when using particular apps.
- On the completed home page, click the button. The Activation page opens.
- Select one of the following options:
- Set the organizational default home page - Click button. On the Set as Org Default page, review the selected options. , and then click the
- Set a home page as the default for specific Lightning apps - Click , and then click the button. On the Select Apps page, check all of the Lightning apps that will have access to this page. On the Review Assignments page, review the selected options.
- Set a home page for selected user profiles for specific apps - Click , and then click the Assign to Apps and Profiles button. On the Select Apps page, check the appropriate apps and click the Next button. On the Select Profiles page, check the profiles that will display the selected home page. On the Review Assignments page, review the selected options.
- Click the button. Based on their permissions and the selected options, users will see the appropriate learning home page.
- To delete a component, hover over the upper right corner of the appropriate component and click the delete option. The component is removed from the page.
- To move a component, hover over the upper right-corner of the appropriate component, click the move icon and drag and drop the component to the new location.
View the End-User Home Page
Once the Learner Home content is configured, end users can view and manage their learning options in Salesforce.
Users can perform the following tasks for each component: