Cornerstone for Salesforce Integration - Administration
A Cornerstone for Salesforce (CFS) integration is available in the Edge Marketplace. Once this integration is enabled, learners are empowered to interact with content within their flow-of-work by seamlessly surfacing Learner Home content in Salesforce. Administrators can add Cornerstone transcripts, learning carousels, and search components to any Force.com page or use the out-of-the box CFS Learner Home page. End users can view their full transcript, learning carousels and followed playlists. Additionally, end users can search for, launch, and complete learning, - all without leaving Salesforce.
Note: CFS is only available on the Lightning platform.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Learner Home||Grants access to the Learner Home and the Learning Search page. This is an end user permission. This permission cannot be constrained.||Learning|
|Edge Integrations - Manage||Grants access to the Integrations service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can configure, enable, and disable their third-party integrations that are used within the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|
|Access Partner Authorization - Manage||Grants ability to manage partner authorized access to portal via Partner Access Administration. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
|Note: To view CFS components, users need the Cornerstone User permission. To manage CFS components, users need Cornerstone Admin permission. You assign these permissions in Salesforce.|
Install and Configure CFS
Install and configure CFS in the Edge Marketplace. To access the CFS Edge tile, go to. Search for "Cornerstone for Salesforce", click the tile, and then click the link for installation and configuration instructions.
Administrators can use the Lightning App Builder in Salesforce to add transcript, carousel, and search components to any page on Force.com. You can also move components around and delete them. Once the page configuration is done, activate the page so that users can access it.
Open the Lightning App Builder
- In Salesforce, click . In the Quick Find box, type Lightning App Builder, and then click in the results. The Lightning App Builder page opens.
- In the Lightning App Builder, select one of the following options:
- Create a new page - To create a new page, click Label, select an Object (if visible) and click the button. Select a page format, and then click Note: If you are creating a new Home Page, for best results use the Console: Pinned Header and Left Sidebar (3 regions) or Console: Pinned Left Sidebar (3 regions)page template. , select a page type and click . Enter a
- Edit an existing page - To modify an existing CFS home page, click for the appropriate page.
The Lightning Components page opens.
Add Components - Drag and Drop
Drag and drop CFS components onto any Force.com page to customize the end user's learner experience. You can also delete and move components. See Delete or Move a CFS Component.
In the Lightning App Builder, in the left pane, select a CFS component and drag and drop it into a designated area.
Use the Cornerstone Carousel component to add a carousel to the Learner Home page. You can drag, drop, move, delete, and rename the Cornerstone Carousel.
- Carousel Type - Select the type of carousel you want to create. Options are:
- Saved For Later
- Continue Learning
- Followed Playlists
- Carousel Title - Enter the name for this carousel.
Cornerstone Learning Search
Use the Cornerstone Learning Search component to add the search feature to the Learner Home page. You can drag and drop, move and delete this component.
Note: You cannot rename this component in the Lightning App Builder.
Use the Cornerstone Transcript component to add a Transcript section to the Learner Home page. You can drag and drop, move, delete and set the collapse option for this component. If you select Collapsed by Default, users see only the basic transcript information until they click Show Details. If you uncheck Collapsed by Default, users see full transcript details by default under the transcript box. You cannot rename this component in the Lightning App Builder. Note: For best results, we recommend that you use the smaller component box for the transcript component.
Use the Learner Home component to create a home page on a blank Force.com page. This is an out-of-the-box page that is not configurable and displays the users current Cornerstone Learner Home page.
Clickto save your changes.
Click Activate to activate this page. Only active pages are available to users.
Once the page is configured, administrators can activate a page and select it as the organizational default, set it for specific Lightning apps, or set it for different user profiles when using particular apps.
- On the completed home page, click the button. The Activation page opens.
- Select one of the following options:
- Set the organizational default home page - Click button. On the Set as Org Default page, review the selected options. , and then click the
- Set a home page as the default for specific Lightning apps - Click , and then click the button. On the Select Apps page, check all of the Lightning apps that will have access to this page. On the Review Assignments page, review the selected options.
- Set a home page for selected user profiles for specific apps - Click , and then click the Assign to Apps and Profiles button. On the Select Apps page, check the appropriate apps and click the Next button. On the Select Profiles page, check the profiles that will display the selected home page. On the Review Assignments page, review the selected options.
- Click the button. Based on their permissions and the selected options, users will see the appropriate learning home page.
- To delete a component, hover over the upper right corner of the appropriate component and click the delete option. The component is removed from the page.
- To move a component, hover over the upper right-corner of the appropriate component, click the move icon and drag and drop the component to the new location.
View the End-User Home Page
Once the Learner Home content is configured, end users can view and manage their learning options in Salesforce.
Users can perform the following tasks for each component: