The Asset Importer functionality allows the administrator to add, view, and organize assets which have been imported into the system. Assets include audio, video, and image files that can be used to enhance a training course.
- When imported the assets are saved in a central repository where they can be shared between modules.
To access the Asset Importer, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Import Assets||Grants ability to Import Assets, which enables uploading updating of image, video and audio files for use in online courses. Can view and update assets imported by others if those assets are designated as editable by anyone. Also requires assignment of LCMS license. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
- Date - to enter date range for search for existing assets
- Type - to select a type for search for existing assets
- Keywords - to search by keyword for existing assets
- Creator - to search by creator for existing assets
- - to add a new asset
- - to see usage by asset
- Preview - Select this icon to view or save an existing asset. This option can be used to view the asset's file name.
- Edit - to edit existing asset if not used in module
- Delete - to remove existing asset
Add New Asset
- Go to .
- Click the link.
- Upload - click Browse to find asset. Select file and the upload text box will populate with file name.
- Title - enter a title for the asset (required field)
- File Type - will default to type of file uploaded
- Description - enter a description of the asset (required field)
- Keywords - enter keywords that can be used to search for asset
- Editing Rights - check to allow the asset to be edited by anyone with permission to import assets.
- Active - Check to make active and available for use. If the asset is not active, then it can be saved, but will not be available for use until it is made active.
- Click or .
Once an asset is imported to the system, it can be used across modules. To obtain the asset file name, select the Preview icon on the Asset Importer page. The following HTML code can be used to embed the item from the Asset Importer:
- <embed src=”/clientimg/profserv/asset/file name”>
Asset File Types
|Asset (max size 300 MB)||File Type|