Sterling Integration Overview
The Sterling integration is a background check and drug screening tool. This integration streamlines and improves recruiters' efficacy of their hiring process.
- James is Acme Company's administrator and has been tasked with enabling the integration between Cornerstone and Sterling . This will allow Acme to include Sterling background checks in their hiring workflow.
- James goes to the Edge Marketplace to purchase and activate the Sterling integration.
- From the Edge Integrate page, James enters Acme's unique Client ID, Auth Key, Account Name, Background Check Names and corresponding IDs. These are provided by the Sterling project team.
- Acme's Cornerstone portal now has an active integration between Sterling and Cornerstone.
- Lisa is the Recruiting administrator for Acme.
- Holly, a hiring manager at Acme, is looking to add a new member to her Marketing team.
- With the integration enabled, Lisa is tasked with adding a background check status in all of Acme's marketing job requisitions.
- Lisa creates a new custom applicant status that is set to a custom integration type under Sterling Background Check.
- Lisa has now configured the Marketing job requisitions to include the Sterling custom status.
- Ashley, a recruiter at Acme, has identified Paul James to be a qualified applicant.
- To ensure a sound hiring decision is made and to protect Acme from potential risks, Ashley assigns a background check for Paul by moving Paul's applicant status to Sterling Background Check.
- Ashley selects the appropriate background screening package, then submits the request.
- Paul receives an email from Sterling and clicks on the link to complete the screening application request in Sterling.
- Toby is a new recruiter at Acme.
- James, Acme’s administrator for both Cornerstone and Sterling, was tasked with creating a user record for Toby in both systems. James created a user record for Toby in Cornerstone but failed to do so in Sterling.
- Working under the assumption that he can begin working in both systems, Toby was tasked with assigning a background check to the applicant, Dan White.
- Toby selects the appropriate background screening package then submits the request.
- Sterling identifies that Toby does not exist in their system and creates a user record for him. Note: The user must have a valid email address in your Cornerstone portal in order for Sterling to automatically create a user record in the Sterling system.
- Dan White is assigned to a background check successfully and receives an email from Sterling.
- Holly, one of Acme's hiring managers, does not have permissions in Cornerstone to assign a background check but has permissions to view its results.
- Holly would like to finalize hiring decisions and decides to review Paul's background check results.
- Holly navigates to Paul's Applicant Profile > Statuses page and clicks on the Note: Only the background check order request API has a provision to create a new user. If the user does not have an account in Sterling, the detailed report link will not automatically create a user record in Sterling. In order to allow access to this user, the client administrator should manually create users in Sterling. link.
- Upon launching the link, Holly receives an SSO error message indicating that she does not have an account in Sterling to view the report.
This functionality is only available for organizations using Recruiting and must be purchased and activated via the Edge Integration Marketplace. It is necessary to have a contract and purchased assessments from Sterling Talent Solutions to implement the integration. The Sterling integration will need to be activated via Edge Integrate, and you will need to provide your company's pre-existing Sterling unique identifiers.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Applicant Status Bank - Manage||Grants ability to access and manage Applicant Status Bank.||Recruiting Administration|
|Applicants: View Background Check Status||Allow user to view the background check status. The user cannot view the link to the detailed report. This permission cannot be constrained.||Recruiting|
|Application Workflow Template - Manage||Grants ability to access and manage Application Workflow Templates. This permission can be constrained by OU and User’s OU. This is an administrator permission.||Recruiting Administration|
|Application Workflow Template - View||Grants ability to access and view Application Workflow Templates.||Recruiting Administration|
|Global Email Administration - View||Grants view only access to email templates/triggers and email logs at the global level for the portal. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, User Self and Subordinates, and User. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
Enables reviewer to access requisitions and applicants for requisitions for which they are a reviewer. This permission cannot be constrained.
Note: This is a dynamically assigned permission that is not available in Security Role Administration. Once a requisition is in a Closed or Cancelled status or if the user is removed as a reviewer, the permission is revoked for the associated requisition. This permission cannot be manually assigned.
Note: If an applicant reviewer is removed as a reviewer via the Applicant Profile page, the Requisition: Reviewer permission is revoked for the associated requisition. However, if the reviewer was also added as a reviewer via the General tab when creating, editing, or copying the requisition, the reviewer still appears on the In Review panel as a duplicate reviewer and retains access to the requisition and applicants from the Requisition: Reviewer permission. See Applicant Profile Page Overview for more information about duplicate reviewer instances.