Universal Background Screening Integration - Overview
With this enhancement, Universal Background Screening integrations are now available through the Edge Marketplace. The Universal Background Screening integration allows you to place and track background checks for applicants.
This integration allows organizations to choose a background vendor that fits their needs and budget, get the best satisfaction from the product, and minimize change management within their organization.
- Barbara is Acme Company's administrator who has been tasked with enabling the integration with Universal Background. This will allow Acme to include Universal Background Screening requests within their application workflow.
- Barbara goes to the Edge Marketplace to purchase and activate the Universal Background Screening background check integration.
- From the Edge Integrate page, Barbara enters Acme's unique Client Account ID, which is provided by their Universal Background Screening project team.
- Acme's Cornerstone portal now has an active integration between Cornerstone and Universal Background Screening.
- Katie is the recruiting administrator for Acme Company.
- Ryan, a hiring manager at Acme, is looking to add a new member to his Marketing team.
- With the integration enabled, Katie is tasked with adding the Universal Background Screening status in all of Acme's marketing job requisitions.
- Katie creates a new custom applicant status that is set to a custom integration type under Universal Background Screening.
- Katie creates a new job requisition that includes that new custom applicant status
- Katie has now configured the Marketing job requisitions to include the Universal Background Screening custom applicant status.
- Dorothy, a recruiter at Acme, has identified James to be a stellar applicant.
- To ensure a sound hiring decision is made and to protect Acme from potential risks, Dorothy assigns a background check screening on John by moving the status to Universal Background Screening.
- Dorothy clicks on the link on the Statuses tab, and a pop-up window appears. Dorothy confirms that background check provider then clicks on the button.
- Dorothy is redirected to the Universal Background Screening system where she can select the appropriate background check package to assign to James.
- James receives an email from Universal Background Screening and clicks the link to complete the screening application request in Universal Background Screening
- Dorothy is eager to find out the results of James's background check status.
- Dorothy navigates to James's Applicant Profile Status page and sees the status on the request.
- To view additional details of the background request, Dorothy clicks on the link, which will direct her to the Universal Background Screening site.
The Universal Background Screening integration must be enabled and activated through the Edge Marketplace. Portals must have already purchased Universal Background Screening in order to enable it in Edge.
During enablement, you will need to provide your pre-existing Universal Background Screening identifiers.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|Applicants: Initiate Background Check
|This permission grants access to manage background checks from the Applicant Profile page. This applies to background checks that have been configured in the Integration Center. This permission cannot be constrained. Users who have this permission will have an Assign to Applicant link in the background check status type panel on the Applicant Profile page. Once the background check is assigned, the page will display "Assigned - [Date Assigned]."
|Applicant Status Bank - Manage
|Grants ability to access and manage Applicant Status Bank.
|Applicants: View Background Check Status
|Allow user to view the background check status. The user cannot view the link to the detailed report. This permission cannot be constrained.
Enables reviewer to access requisitions and applicants for requisitions for which they are a reviewer. This permission cannot be constrained.
Note: This is a dynamically assigned permission that is not available in Security Role Administration. Once a requisition is in a Closed or Cancelled status or if the user is removed as a reviewer, the permission is revoked for the associated requisition. This permission cannot be manually assigned.
Note: If an applicant reviewer is removed as a reviewer via the Applicant Profile page, the Requisition: Reviewer permission is revoked for the associated requisition. However, if the reviewer was also added as a reviewer via the General tab when creating, editing, or copying the requisition, the reviewer still appears on the In Review panel as a duplicate reviewer and retains access to the requisition and applicants from the Requisition: Reviewer permission. See Applicant Profile Page Overview for more information about duplicate reviewer instances.