View Sterling Background Check Results
A high-level summary of the Sterling assessment results is available from the Manage Applicants page and thetab.
To access the Applicant Profile page, click the applicant's name from any of the following pages:
- Note:This functionality is in the Early Adopter phase. For more information about availability,see the Overview topic for this functionality.) (
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Applicants: View Background Check Status||Allow user to view the background check status. The user cannot view the link to the detailed report. This permission cannot be constrained.||Recruiting|
Enables reviewer to access requisitions and applicants for requisitions for which they are a reviewer. This permission cannot be constrained.
Note: This is a dynamically assigned permission that is not available in Security Role Administration. Once a requisition is in a Closed or Cancelled status or if the user is removed as a reviewer, the permission is revoked for the associated requisition. This permission cannot be manually assigned.
Note: If an applicant reviewer is removed as a reviewer via the Applicant Profile page, the Requisition: Reviewer permission is revoked for the associated requisition. However, if the reviewer was also added as a reviewer via the General tab when creating, editing, or copying the requisition, the reviewer still appears on the In Review panel as a duplicate reviewer and retains access to the requisition and applicants from the Requisition: Reviewer permission. See Applicant Profile Page Overview for more information about duplicate reviewer instances.
The following package information displays on the Statuses tab for the background check:
- Assigned - This field displays the date of when screening is assigned to the applicant.
- Reference ID - This field displays Sterling’s screening ticket ID.
- Status - This field displays the status of the overall package status. The following are the possible values:
- In Progress
- Result - This field displays the candidate’s overall result of the background check request.
- [Background Package Name] - This field displays the name of the screening type.
- Provider Reference ID - This field displays the individual search ID.
- Status - This field displays the status of the screening type.
- In Progress
To view a detailed report of the candidate’s assessment results:
- Click the link in the background check column in the applicants table on the Manage Applicants page. Or, the link is also available from the Applicant Profile > Statuses tab.
- Sterling will authenticate the user who is attempting to view the report.
- If the user has an existing record in Sterling, then the user is deemed valid, and the report details open in the Sterling application.
- If the user does not have an existing record in Sterling, then an error message displays.