Shaker Integration Implementation Steps
To implement the Shaker integration, the administrators must perform the actions listed below.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Applicant Status Bank - Manage||Grants ability to access and manage Applicant Status Bank.||Recruiting Administration|
|Application Workflow Template - Manage||Grants ability to access and manage Application Workflow Templates. This permission can be constrained by OU and User’s OU. This is an administrator permission.||Recruiting Administration|
|Application Workflow Template - View||Grants ability to access and view Application Workflow Templates.||Recruiting Administration|
|EMAIL NAME||EMAIL DESCRIPTION||ACTION TYPE|
|Assign Integration Assessment||
This email is triggered when an Edge integration assessment is assigned to an applicant, such as a WOTC assessment. This email can be configured as a notification or a reminder, and it can be sent to External Applicant, Internal Applicant, OU Approver, Hiring Manager, OU Approver, or a specific user.
Note about Auto-Assignment of Pre-Employment Verifications: This email also applies to auto-assignment of pre-employment verifications, via the Automated Candidate Progression (Early Adopter) functionality. For more information, see Feature Activation Preferences.
Enable Integration in Edge Integrate
In order to include Shaker assessments in the application workflow or assign them via the Manage Applicants page, the integration must first be enabled via Edge Integrate.
On the Edge Integrate page, you will enter your client ID, user name, and password.
Ad Hoc Assignment of Shaker Assessment
This set up is required when assigning an assessment to an applicant outside of an application workflow (i.e. ad hoc assignment).
Note: The Assign Integration Assessment email trigger email will need to be successfully configured in order for the applicant to receive an email.
- Navigate to the Manage Applicant Status page:
- Click the link. This opens the Create Custom Status pop-up.
- Complete the following fields in the pop-up:
- Language - If multiple languages are enabled for the portal, select the language from the drop-down list for which you are entering the status name and description. To localize the status name and description into other available languages, select the appropriate language from the drop-down list and enter the localized name and description in the appropriate fields.
- Display Name - Enter the status name, which appears throughout the system. The character limit for this field is 50. When the display name of an active status is modified after the status is in use or has been used in a job requisition:
- The new display name appears on the Default Status List page.
- The new display name appears in the Status list on the job requisition template.
- Any new job requisitions created after the display name is changed apply the new display name.
- Job requisitions created before the status display name is changed continue to honor the name that existed at the time the requisition was created.
- Description - Enter the status description. This should describe the purpose of the status and what is implied when an applicant is in that status. The character limit for this field is 500.
- Type - Select Note: This field is displayed only when creating a custom status at the top level OU. When creating a custom status for a child OU, the Type field displays the type selected for the parent OU but is not editable. from the drop-down.
- Integration - Select from the drop-down.
- Active - This field is checked by default. Ensure the field is checked before saving the status so that the status is active for the portal.
- Click in the pop-up. This returns you to the Manage Applicant Statuses page.
- Click at the bottom of the Manage Applicant Statuses page to save the custom status to the Division OU. If the custom status is not saved on the Manage Applicant Statuses page, the status will be lost once you leave the page.
The custom applicant status will need to be added to the Status List on the requisition template so that it will be included on the job requisition.
Assign Assessment in Application Workflow
This set up is required when a Shaker assessment is assigned as a step within a job requisition's application workflow. See Application Workflow - Add Integration.
- Navigate to the Application Workflow Templates page.
- Click the link. This action directs the administrator to the Create Template page.
- Complete the fields on the Create Template page.
- Name - Enter a descriptive name for the application workflow template. If multiple languages are enabled, select the language from the drop down list for which you are entering the status name and description. To localize the status name and description into other available languages, select the appropriate language from the drop down list and enter the localized name and description in the appropriate fields.
- Description - Enter a description for the application workflow template. This should describe the purpose of the workflow. The character limit for this field is 100.
- Add a Section - Click on the Add Section icon . This opens the Add Section pop-up.
- Title - Enter a descriptive value in the field, which has a character limit of 50.
- Click on the button.
- Add Action Item - Select Add Action Item drop-down. This opens the Edit Action Item pop-up. Complete the following fields in the pop-up:
- Title - Enter a descriptive value in the Title field which is a required field. This character for this field is 50
- Instructions - Enter instructions for the action item. This field is optional. It accepts HTML and does not have a character limit.
- Integration - Select .
- Please select - Select the appropriate assessment to associate with this application workflow template
- Completion Required - Select this option to require applicants to complete the integration step before moving to the next step in the application workflow.
- Click to save the action item.
- Click to save the application workflow template.
- Configure the job requisition to include the custom application workflow.
|Last Published: 10/11/2021||If you have feedback or suggestions for an Online Help article, please select this link.||© 2021, Cornerstone OnDemand|