To assign the Quest Diagnostics drug screening and view the results, start by creating a custom applicant status, then assigning the screening to the applicant. Once the screening is completed, it can be viewed via the Applicant Profile.
Create Custom Status
- Navigate to the Manage Applicant Status page:
- Click the link. This opens the Create Custom Status pop-up.
- Complete the following fields in the pop-up:
- Language - If multiple languages are enabled for the portal, select the language from the drop-down list for which you are entering the status name and description. To localize the status name and description into other available languages, select the appropriate language from the drop-down list and enter the localized name and description in the appropriate fields.
- Display Name - Enter the status name, which appears throughout the system. The character limit for this field is 50. When the display name of an active status is modified after the status is in use or has been used in a job requisition:
- The new display name appears on the Default Status List page.
- The new display name appears in the Status list on the job requisition template.
- Any new job requisitions created after the display name is changed apply the new display name.
- Job requisitions created before the status display name is changed continue to honor the name that existed at the time the requisition was created.
- Description - Enter the status description. This should describe the purpose of the status and what is implied when an applicant is in that status. The character limit for this field is 500.
- Type - Select Note: This field is displayed only when creating a custom status at the top level OU. When creating a custom status for a child OU, the Type field displays the type selected for the parent OU but is not editable. from the drop-down.
- Integration - Select "Quest Diagnostics" from the drop-down.
- Active - This field is checked by default. Ensure the field is checked before saving the status so that the status is active for the portal.
- Click in the pop-up. This returns you to the Manage Applicant Statuses page.
- Click at the bottom of the Manage Applicant Statuses page to save the custom status to the Division OU. If the custom status is not saved on the Manage Applicant Statuses page, the status will be lost once you leave the page.
The custom applicant status will need to be added to the Status List on the requisition template so that it will be included on the job requisition.
Assign the screening by navigating to the Applicant Profile > Statuses tab for the applicant.
- Click the link in the Quest status type section. This opens a pop-up.
- Complete the following required fields in the pop-up:
- Select Provider - Select the background check provider. The options that are available are active integrations that have been enabled in Edge.
- Select Account Name - Select the account name that the administrator has entered on the Edge Client Settings page.
- Select Drug Test Name - Select the drug test name that the administrator has entered on the Edge Client Settings page.
- Click .
View Screening Details and Status
The details and status for the screening is available on the Applicant Profile > Statuses tab. The following information displays:
- Assigned - This field displays the date on which the drug screen test was assigned to the applicant.
- Reference ID - This field displays the User ID value.
- Status - This field displays the overall status of the order. The status "In Progress" displays upon receipt of a successful drug test order. The status is updated automatically when status changes are made by Quest.
- Drug Test Name - This field displays the name of the drug test name assigned to the applicant.
- Provider Reference ID - This field displays the ProviderReferenceId received from Quest.
- Result - This field displays the results received from Quest.
- View Details - Click the link to view the results in Quest. It is not necessary to enter additional credential in order to access Quest and view the results.