IBM Assessment Integration - Overview
- James is Acme Company's administrator and has been tasked with enabling the integration between Cornerstone and IBM. This will allow Acme to include IBM assessments in their hiring workflow.
- James goes to the Edge Marketplace to purchase and activate the IBM Assessment integration.
- From the Edge Integrate page, James enters Acme's unique Client ID, Client Secret, Assess Account ID, and base URL, which are provided by their IBM project team.
- Acme's Cornerstone portal now has an active integration between Cornerstone and IBM.
- Allan is the Recruiting administrator for Acme.
- With the integration enabled, Allan is tasked with including IBM assessments in all of Acme's Customer Support requisitions.
- Allan creates a new custom support application workflow template that includes an assessment action step, ensuring that IBM assessments is added as a custom integration.
- Allan creates a new Customer Support requisition to include the custom application workflow template that includes IBM assessments.
- Applicants applying to the Customer Support requisition are now prompted to complete an IBM assessment as part of their application process.
- Lisa, a hiring manager at Acme, is looking to add two new members to her Customer Support team. Before finalizing hiring decisions, she wants to make sure that the candidates are a good fit.
- Lisa goes to the Manage Applicants page for the Customer Support requisition and identifies four potential candidates to assign an assessment to, making sure that all candidates' statuses are assigned to "IBM assessment.”
- While the same candidates are selected, Maria selects the Assign Integration Assessment option from the Actions drop-down. She proceeds to select the assessment to assign to the candidates and clicks .
- The applicants will receive an email with a link that will redirect them to complete the IBM assessment. Note: The Assign Integration Assessment email trigger email will need to be successfully configured by the administrator in Email Administration in order for the applicant to receive the email.
- After the applicant completes the assessment, IBM sends Cornerstone a summary of the candidate’s results which are available for viewing on the Manage Applicants page or the Application tab on the Applicant Profile page.
- To further review the assessment results, Lisa clicks the link, which will direct her to IBM to view a detailed report of the assessment results.
This functionality is only available for organizations using Recruiting and must be purchased and activated via the Edge Integration Marketplace. It is necessary to have a contract and purchased assessments from IBM to implement the integration. As part of the Edge activation, and you will need to provide your company's pre-existing IBM unique identifiers. Additional instructions for enabling and configuring the integration are available on the Setup tab of the integration in Edge.
The following permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Applicant Status Bank - Manage||Grants ability to access and manage Applicant Status Bank.||Recruiting Administration|
|Applicants: Assign Assessment Integration||
Grants access to manage assessment integrations from the Applicant Profile page. This applies to assessments that have been configured in the integration center. This permission cannot be constrained. This permission is only available for portals that have an active assessments integration.
This is the highest level of permission for this functionality. In addition to being able to assign assessments, users with this permission will be able to view the assessment status and assessment details.
|Applicants: View Assessment Integration Status||
Allows user to view the assessment integration check status on the Applications tab of the Applicant Profile page. The user cannot view the link to the detailed report of the assessment. This permission cannot be constrained. This permission is only available for portals that have an active assessments integration.
This is the lowest level of permission for this functionality. Users with this permission can only view the assessment status; they cannot assign assessments or view assessment details.
|Application Workflow Template - Manage||Grants ability to access and manage Application Workflow Templates. This permission can be constrained by OU and User’s OU. This is an administrator permission.||Recruiting Administration|
|Application Workflow Template - View||Grants ability to access and view Application Workflow Templates.||Recruiting Administration|
|Edge Integrations - Manage||Grants access to the Integrations service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can configure, enable, and disable their third-party integrations that are used within the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|
|Global Email Administration - Manage||Grants ability to manage email trigger templates across all active modules in the portal. Enables creating, editing and deleting email message templates for various system actions and workflows. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, User Self and Subordinates, and User. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
|Global Email Administration - View||Grants view only access to email templates/triggers and email logs at the global level for the portal. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, User Self and Subordinates, and User. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
Enables reviewer to access requisitions and applicants for requisitions for which they are a reviewer. This permission cannot be constrained.
Note: This is a dynamically assigned permission that is not available in Security Role Administration. Once a requisition is in a Closed or Cancelled status or if the user is removed as a reviewer, the permission is revoked for the associated requisition. This permission cannot be manually assigned.
Note: If an applicant reviewer is removed as a reviewer via the Applicant Profile page, the Requisition: Reviewer permission is revoked for the associated requisition. However, if the reviewer was also added as a reviewer via the General tab when creating, editing, or copying the requisition, the reviewer still appears on the In Review panel as a duplicate reviewer and retains access to the requisition and applicants from the Requisition: Reviewer permission. See Applicant Profile Page Overview for more information about duplicate reviewer instances.