Aon Assessment Integration - Overview
Utilizing Aon Assessment Integration, organizations using the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) can make better hiring decisions, increase service scores, and recognize ATS return on investment (ROI) faster through Aon Assessments. The job-related tests and assessments can be configured as part of the application workflow or assigned ad hoc through the Manage Applicants page, allowing you to assess applicants on an as-needed basis.
The following use case describes the engagement and utilization workflow for activating and using Aon assessments in the ATS:
- Randal is the Recruiting BPO for Acme, a company that provides technical and sales support for Fortune 500 organizations.
- In recent years, Acme has seen a steady decline in sales and customer service scores for new employees.
- All the while, the cost of training new and existing employees has increased.
- In an effort to improve the quality of new employees, Acme has engaged with Aon Hewitt to build assessments that provide a better measurement of a candidate's personality, situational judgment, and job fit.
- Satisfied with the methodology and structure of the assessments, Randal would like to deploy the assessments to the Acme portal.
- Jennifer is the Corporate Administrator for Acme.
- Randal has requested that Jennifer activate the integration between the Acme portal and Aon so that Acme can include Aon assessments in their application workflows.
- Jennifer goes to the Edge Marketplace to active Acme's Aon assessments.
- From the Edge Marketplace, Jennifer locates the Aon integration then enters the credentials and packet ids given to her by Aon.
- Acme's portal now has an active integration with Aon. Acme is ready to start distributing assessments to applicants.
- Roger is the Recruiting Administrator for Acme.
- With the integration active, Randall asks Roger to include Aon assessments in all of Acme's technical and sales support requisitions.
- Roger creates a new assessment action step, making sure to add Aon assessments as a custom integration.
- Roger has now configured the Sales and Technical Support job requisitions to include Aon assessments.
- Two weeks later, Acme has received dozens of applications for the Sales and Technical support roles.
- Maria, a Hiring Manager at Acme, is looking to add two new members to her Sales Support team.
- She wants to make sure the candidates are good fit before she makes an offer.
- Maria goes to the Manage Applicants page for the Sales support requisition and identifies four potential candidates for the assessment.
- She selects the candidates and ensures their status is assigned to the "Aon assessment" status through the status list.
- While the same candidates are selected, Maria selects the Actions drop-down and selects the "Assign Integration Assessment" selection. She proceeds to select the exact assessment to assign to the candidate and clicks .
- At this point, the applicant will receive an email that will redirect them to complete the assessment. Note: The Assign Integration Assessment email trigger email will need to be successfully configured in order for the applicant to receive the email.
This functionality is only available for organizations using Recruiting and must be purchased and activated via the Edge Integration Marketplace. Once purchased and downloaded, provide your pre-existing Aon account credentials, as well as packet IDs related to active Aon assessments. This is done once for the portal but is not needed again once configured. Once the integration has been configured, simply slide the toggle in order to enable / disable the integration.
The following permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Applicants: View Assessment Integration Status||
Allows user to view the assessment integration check status on the Applications tab of the Applicant Profile page. The user cannot view the link to the detailed report of the assessment. This permission cannot be constrained. This permission is only available for portals that have an active assessments integration.
This is the lowest level of permission for this functionality. Users with this permission can only view the assessment status; they cannot assign assessments or view assessment details.
|Application Workflow Template - Manage||Grants ability to access and manage Application Workflow Templates. This permission can be constrained by OU and User’s OU. This is an administrator permission.||Recruiting Administration|
|Application Workflow Template - View||Grants ability to access and view Application Workflow Templates.||Recruiting Administration|
|Global Email Administration - View||Grants view only access to email templates/triggers and email logs at the global level for the portal. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, User Self and Subordinates, and User. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
Enables reviewer to access requisitions and applicants for requisitions for which they are a reviewer. This permission cannot be constrained.
Note: This is a dynamically assigned permission that is not available in Security Role Administration. Once a requisition is in a Closed or Cancelled status or if the user is removed as a reviewer, the permission is revoked for the associated requisition. This permission cannot be manually assigned.
Note: If an applicant reviewer is removed as a reviewer via the Applicant Profile page, the Requisition: Reviewer permission is revoked for the associated requisition. However, if the reviewer was also added as a reviewer via the General tab when creating, editing, or copying the requisition, the reviewer still appears on the In Review panel as a duplicate reviewer and retains access to the requisition and applicants from the Requisition: Reviewer permission. See Applicant Profile Page Overview for more information about duplicate reviewer instances.