The Accurate Background Check integration allows you to place and track background checks for applicants. The integration is available through the Edge Marketplace.
Manage Applicants Deprecation: Cornerstone will be deprecating Manage Applicants with the April '21 Release. See Manage Applicants Overview.
To access the Applicant Profile page, click the applicant's name from any of the following pages:
- Manage Job Requisitions >
- Recruit > Interview Manager
- Recruit > Review Applicants
- Recruit > Manage Candidates (Note:This functionality is in the Early Adopter phase. For more information about availability,see the Overview topic for this functionality.)
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Applicants: View Background Check Status||Allow user to view the background check status. The user cannot view the link to the detailed report. This permission cannot be constrained.||Recruiting|
Enables reviewer to access requisitions and applicants for requisitions for which they are a reviewer. This permission cannot be constrained.
Note: This is a dynamically assigned permission that is not available in Security Role Administration. Once a requisition is in a Closed or Cancelled status or if the user is removed as a reviewer, the permission is revoked for the associated requisition. This permission cannot be manually assigned.
Note: If an applicant reviewer is removed as a reviewer via the Applicant Profile page, the Requisition: Reviewer permission is revoked for the associated requisition. However, if the reviewer was also added as a reviewer via the General tab when creating, editing, or copying the requisition, the reviewer still appears on the In Review panel as a duplicate reviewer and retains access to the requisition and applicants from the Requisition: Reviewer permission. See Applicant Profile Page Overview for more information about duplicate reviewer instances.
Assign Background Check
To assign the background check using Accurate Background, perform the following steps:
- Change the status of the applicant to Accurate Background Check (custom applicant status) via Manage Candidates, Manage Applicants, or the Applicant Profile page.
- Assign the background screening to the applicant by clicking . This opens the Select Screening Program Option pop-up.
- Complete the following fields in the pop-up:
- Click . This assigns the background check for the applicant. The date the background check was assigned displays in the panel, as well as a reference ID and the status of Acknowledged. An email is automatically sent to the applicant with a link to complete the screening in Accurate Background. The link is available to the applicant for seven days. The email address of the user launching the integration must exist in the Accurate system. Note: The reference ID is an internal system-defined value.
Background Check Panel
The following information displays in the background check panel on thetab during the background check process:
- Assigned - This status is the date the screening is assigned to the applicant.
- Reference ID - This displays the applicant ID (this is a backend ID within the system).
- Status - This displays the status of the overall transaction. The following are the possible values:
- In Progress
- [Package ID] - This displays the ID of the screening package assigned to the applicant.
- Provider Reference ID - This displays the Search ID from Accurate Background.
- Status - This displays the overall status of the screening request. The following are the possible values.
- In Progress
- Results - The following displays for the results:
- Percent Complete - This is a numerical value that indicates the progress of the background check.
- Adjudication Results - This is a text value from Accurate Background. Note: Adjudication results is not a default feature in Accurate Background. Not all portals will have adjudication results.
- Check Order Progress - The link directs users to Accurate Background for a detailed report of the screening request. This option is displayed for screenings that have an In Progress status.
- View Report - A link displays for screenings that have a Completed status.
The following fields are sent to Accurate as part of the integration:
- Job requisition Division OU ID (Note: Accurate has a maximum character limit of 25 characters for this field. To ensure that the integration runs successfully, Cornerstone will only send the first 25 characters of the OU ID. Some OU IDs may have identical values in the first 25 characters.)
- Job requisition Location OU ID (Note: Accurate has a maximum character limit of 25 characters for this field. To ensure that the integration runs successfully, Cornerstone will only send the first 25 characters of the OU ID. Some OU IDs may have identical values in the first 25 characters.)
- Candidate first, middle, and last name
- Candidate address (address lines 1 and 2, city, state, zip, country)
- Candidate phone number
- Candidate email address
- Job requisition country
- Job requisition state
- Job requisition city
|Last Published: 10/11/2021||If you have feedback or suggestions for an Online Help article, please select this link.||© 2021, Cornerstone OnDemand|