edX for Business Integration - Overview
The Cornerstone on Demand (CSOD) and edX for Business integration enables organizations to manage their edX content within the Cornerstone learning management system (LMS). With this integration, edX courses can be automatically synchronized to the LMS catalog, where they can be managed like other system training types.
The edX integration provides access to the following functionality:
- Catalog Synchronization
- Automatic daily synchronization of content from edX to the LMS catalog (edX content is classified as online content in the catalog)
- The synchronization captures all purchased content from edX
- Synchronized content added to the catalog with a Provider of edX
- Loaded edX content is mobile-ready
- Administrators can manage loaded edX content in the same manner they manage other training in the LMS (e.g. set availability, set keywords, add to a curriculum, assign training to a learner)
- Content Launching
- Report Completion
- The learner’s training progress is recorded on the their transcript page in the LMS
- Single Sign-On (SSO)
- The integration supports SMAL SSO implementation (IDP). No additional integration is required to enable the Cornerstone and edX for Business integration
The following considerations apply to this enhancement:
- Content disablement is required if your LMS contains existing edX content.
- This integration is NOT a data-feed based integration.
- If your organization has an existing integration with edX and would like to enable the new integration, contact both Cornerstone Global Customer Support and the edX team to disable the existing integration.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Edge Integrations - Manage||Grants access to the Integrations service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can configure, enable, and disable their third-party integrations that are used within the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|