Administrators can synchronize LinkedIn Learning subjects to LinkedIn Learning courses using Edge. Once an administrator enables subject synchronization, relevant subjects are automatically populated to the Subject Management page in the Learning Management System (LMS) and are added to existing and future LinkedIn Learning courses. The subjects populated in the LMS via Edge are added to the Learning Search page, the Course Catalog, and to Learner Home. These subjects are automatically defined based on the course metadata sent from LinkedIn Learning.
Subjects Synchronization for LinkedIn Learning courses can be enabled and disabled from the Settings page of the LinkedIn Learning integration via the Edge Integration Center.
To edit the configurations for the LinkedIn Learning integration, go to: Note: The integration must be installed before you can configure the integration. See Edge - LinkedIn Learning.and click the link. This navigates you to the Edge Integration Center. Next to the LinkedIn Learning integration, click the button.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Edge Integrations - Manage||Grants access to the Integrations service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can configure, enable, and disable their third-party integrations that are used within the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|
To enable subject synchronization for the LinkedIn Learning integration:
- On the Settings tab for the integration, toggle the Subjects Synchronization switch to the On position.
- Click the button at the bottom of the page.
- Once an administrator enables subject synchronization for the integration, the subjects will be automatically defined based on the course metadata sent from LinkedIn Learning as part of the integration. The new subjects are automatically populated to the Subjects Management page in the Learning Management System (LMS) and are added to existing and future LinkedIn Learning courses.
The subjects populated using this integration operate in the same manner as subjects created manually within the LMS. They will be visible in the Subject filter on the Learning Search page, in Course Catalog, and in the Your Subjects widget on the Learner Home page. Subjects created using the LinkedIn Learning integration will be added to the system as parent subjects. If an identical subject already exists in the portal, the existing subject will be used, and no duplicated subject will be created.
Note: Enabling subject synchronization initiates a full synchronization of LinkedIn courses. Metadata changes made to LinkedIn’s courses may be overridden by the full synchronization. Subjects added by the administrator are not retained when a courses synchronization takes place.
The following considerations apply to this functionality:
- Subjects created using the LinkedIn Integration are automatically parent-level subjects
- If an identical parent subject already exists in the portal, the existing subject will be used, and no duplicate subject will be created
- When the Subject preference is turned off, LinkedIn Learning courses are re-synchronized without the subjects, and LinkedIn Learning subjects' statuses are changed to Inactive
- LinkedIn Learning subjects will be enabled or disabled in the portal within twenty-four hours of the updates made to Preferences.
- Once LinkedIn Learning subjects are added to the portal, they can be used by other training types. These subjects function in the same manner as subjects created within the LMS.
- LinkedIn courses synchronized to the Course Catalog can override metadata changes. Subjects added by an administrator will not be retained when a course synchronization occurs.
- By enabling Subjects Synchronization functionality, metadata changes may be overridden with LinkedIn's course metadata. Subjects added by an administrator will not be kept when a course synchronization takes place. The Subjects Synchronization feature is OFF by default. When the Subjects Synchronization functionality remain OFF, there is no change to subjects added by the administrator.
Only LinkedIn's subjects are captured via the integration. Topics and categories are not mapped.
When a subject is communicated to Cornerstone via the integration, the system checks if the subject already exists in the Cornerstone portal. If the subject does not exist, then a new subject is created. The new subjects are always created at the top level of the subject hierarchy in the Cornerstone portal.
If the subject exists as a child subject in the Cornerstone portal, a new subject is created as a parent subject, and the course is associated with the new subject.
If more than one subject is synchronized over the integration, then the course is associated with all communicated subjects.
Enabling the Subjects Synchronization feature triggers a full synchronization for LinkedIn courses. This course synchronization overrides any metadata changes or previous subject associations made to the courses in the Cornerstone portal with the subject associations from LinkedIn.
A full course synchronization will be triggered, overriding existing course metadata in the Cornerstone portal. After this point, when a new course is synchronized from LinkedIn Learning to the Cornerstone portal, the subject metadata is not synchronized in the Cornerstone portal. Any changes made to subject metadata in the Cornerstone portal will not be overwritten by LinkedIn Learning.
|Last Published: 9/10/2021||If you have feedback or suggestions for an Online Help article, please select this link.||© 2021, Cornerstone OnDemand|