Learning on Workplace - Share Playlist
Playlist creators can share their playlists to Learning on Workplace by Facebook by copying the system deep link for the playlist in the learning management system (LMS) and adding the link to a post in the Workplace community. Other users in the Workplace community can click the playlist link to be navigated to the LMS, where they can view and interact with the playlist. Note: Users must sign into the LMS before they are able to view the playlist.
This is a one-time setup that links the learner's Workplace ID with their corresponding Cornerstone ID. Once a user goes through the linking workflow, they will no longer be prompted to enter credentials, as long as the user has an active Cornerstone portal session.
To access your own My Playlists page, go to
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Playlists - Create||Grants ability to create private Learning Playlists. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an end user permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Playlists - View||Playlists will be visible to users with this permission. The user can search for playlists, follow playlists, and consume training contained within playlists that are available to them. The learning playlists that are visible to a user are not impacted by this permission, but instead is based on the availability of the playlist. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an end user permission.||Learning - Administration|
From the Playlist Details page for a playlist, learners can obtain a deep link which can be used to post the playlist to Workplace. To get a deep link for a playlist:
- Navigate to the Playlist Details page for the playlist.
- Click the "..." icon in the upper-right corner of the Playlist Details page. An Options menu expands.
- Click the Share option. This opens the Share This Playlist pop-up window, where a deep link to the playlist is provided in a text box.
- Either click the button or manually copy the link, and use the link to share the playlist with other users (i.e. via email, using a button, etc.). You can close the pop-up window by clicking the Close icon in the upper-right corner of the window.
When the link is used, the user will be navigated to the playlist in the learning management system (LMS). Note: Sharing functionality for playlists leverages existing Deep Linking functionality. In order for playlist sharing links to function correctly, your organization must ensure that the portals Deep Link base URLs are correctly configured. If your playlists are not generating functional links, ensure the Base URLs you have configured for Deep Links are correct. For more information about configuring Deep Links, sSee Deep Link Management.
Post to Workplace
After copying the playlist link, navigate to Workplace and paste the link into the Write Something text box in the Write Post section of the page.
After the playlist has been shared to the community, the post displays with the following information:
- Link - The link to the playlist in the LMS. Users can click this link to access the playlist in the LMS. Users will need to log into the LMS in order to access the playlist.
- Title - The title of the playlist
- Description - The description of the playlist, as set when creating the playlist
- Curator - The creator of the playlist
- Updated - The date and time at which the playlist was last edited
- # of Items - The number of training items contained within the playlist
- On Cornerstone Learning - This field displays the application used to share the item on Workplace. For playlists, this field will always read, "On Cornerstone Learning."
Post Playlists from Workplace
To quickly share saved playlists in Workplace, users can click the button allows the user to browse through their saved playlists.button that is available when creating a new post on Workplace. Clicking the
To share a saved playlist:
- Place your cursor in the Write Something field.
- Click the button. This opens a pop-up window.
- Select the title of the playlist you want to share from the pop-up. Note: If user's Workplace account has NOT been linked with their Cornerstone account, the user will not see the list of available playlists. Instead, the button displays. To display available playlists, click the button to be directed to the Cornerstone portal login page. Enter your CSOD credentials to be redirected back to Workplace, where your playlists will be available to select from.
- Click the button. This action closes the pop-up, and you will return to the post you are creating.
- Click the button to post the saved playlist to the Workplace community.
Other users accessing the Workplace community will be able to see the shared playlists and interact with them. The following actions are available to users:
- Link - Click the playlist link to be directed to the playlist in the LMS. The user must log into the LMS in order to view the playlist, using their Cornerstone credentials. Note: This is a one-time setup which links the learner's Facebook ID with their Cornerstone ID. Once a user goes through the linking workflow, they will no longer be prompted to enter credentials, provided the user has an active Cornerstone session.
- Like - The user can click the button to like the playlist post in the community.
- Comment - The user can click the button to enter and post a comment to the playlist post.
- Share - The user can click the button to share the playlist post to their own feed in the Workplace community.