Organizations can use the Google Tag Manager integration to deploy code snippets at their own convenience, without the intervention of Cornerstone's development or services teams. The Google Tag Manager tool is separate from Google Analytics and can be used to set up code from any provider or source. Once the integration has been enabled in the Cornerstone system, administrators can add code snippets to system pages and track user behavior on those pages using the features available.
Administrators can self-activate this integration via Edge.
Use Case #1: Adding Tracking Tags
Helen is a business process owner and system administrator at Ventonix, which is a well known provider of learning content that anyone can purchase online. She uses Google Analytics to track the behavior of potential customers, but is currently limited to page level insights. She would like to be able to determine which courses get the most inquiries.
Helen uses the Google Tag Manager integration to add new tracking tags to her pages. After a week, she checks her analytics dashboard and discovers that the Finance Fundamentals course receives the most inquiries. She notices that the training details for this page haven't been updated and can now work with her marketing team to revisit the content, to improve the company's conversion rates.
Use Case #2: Deploying Custom Code
Uzair is a business process owner and system administrator at ACME Corp. The company has partner guidelines that require them to use Adobe Analytics, which is not supported by Cornerstone. In addition, there are branding guidelines which provide specific styling and messaging that must be used on all end user-facing pages.
Uzair uses the Google Tag Manager integration to add the Adobe Analytics code, as well as custom HTML for styling. He is able to test and deploy this at his own pace, since his code is managed through the Google Tag Manager tool and does not require Cornerstone intervention.
- Google Tag Manager Use Cases
- Google Tag Manager - Snippet Sharing (Success Center Posting)
- What is Google Tag Manager and What Does It Do?
- How to personalize your website using Google Tag Manager
The Google Tag Manager integration can be self-activated via Edge:
- To install the integration, go to: and click the link. From the Edge Marketplace, you can search for and select the Google Tag Manager integration to access more information about the integration and install it. To install the integration, click the button.
- To configure the integration after installing it, go to: Setup tab. and click the link. Click the Google Tag Manager integration from the Integrations page. For Setup instructions, click the
For information about using Google Tag Manager, see the Google Tag Manager Help Center.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Edge Integrations - Manage||Grants access to the Integrations service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can configure, enable, and disable their third-party integrations that are used within the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|