Edge Import - Online Content (OLCO) Integration Solution
A 1:1 Content Integration solution is available for content vendors who prefer file-based content integrations over an API-based content integration. This integration solution allows syncing content from a content provider and Online Content (OLCO) transcripts. Both manual and automated scheduled feeds are supported.
The Edge Import OLCO Integration Solution includes the following:
- Online Content (OLCO) Feed
- Create new online content by providing new unique Online Content ID values
- Update existing online content by providing an existing Online Content ID or Learning Object ID
- Only import content if the vendor URL matches the approved content vendor list, which is configured during activation
- Perform manual one-time loads or set up a feed to automate the import of Online Content files
- Online Content (OLCO) Transcript Feed
- Import learner's registration and completion transcripts
- Perform manual one-time loads or set up a feed to automate the import of Online Content Transcript files
Benefits for Customer:
- File-based integration solution for content vendors that prefer this method
- Self-serviceable solution
- Edge Import product experienced customers would find it easy to learn and implement this new OLCO integration solution
Benefit for Content Vendor:
- Repeat Value - Following the initial implementation of this integration, content vendors can reuse the knowledge gained to integrate their content with other mutual customers already using Cornerstone Learning CSX
- Market Ready for content integration with other CSX customers
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Access LMS - Online Content (OLCO) Feed||Grants access to the Online Content (OLCO) data feed via Edge Import. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge Import|
|Access LMS - Online Content (OLCO) Load||Grants access to the Online Content (OLCO) data load via Edge Import. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge Import|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, if the customer has not yet purchased Edge Import, they will need to purchase Edge Import.
The Online Content (OLCO) Metadata load is used to make edits to the CSX catalog-related fields.
- Target User: Customer or Partner Administrator
- Access to this load is granted by purchasing Edge Import.
The Online Content (OLCO) load is used to create and update Online Content metadata delivered from a third-party content provider through a subscription but hosted on the Content Provider’s servers. This type of training is displayed on the CSX Course Catalog page.
- Target User: Customer Administrator
- Access to this load is granted by purchasing the Edge Import OLCO Integration.
This functionality is enabled in two steps: