Coursera for Business Integration - Overview
The Cornerstone OnDemand and Coursera for business integration enables organizations to manage their Coursera content within the Cornerstone Learning Management System (LMS). With this integration, Coursera courses can be automatically synchronized to the LMS catalog, where they can be managed like other system training types.
The Coursera integration provides access to the following functionality:
- Catalog Synchronization
- Automatic daily synchronization of content from Coursera to the Learning Management System catalog (Coursera content is classified as online content in the catalog)
- The synchronization captures all purchased content from Coursera
- Synchronized content added to the catalog with a Provider of Coursera
- Loaded Coursera content is mobile-ready
- Administrators can manage loaded Coursera content in the same manner they manage other training in the Learning Management System (e.g., set availability, set keywords, add to a curriculum, assign training to a learner)
- Content Launching
- Report Completion
- The learner’s training progress is recorded on their transcript page in the Learning Management System
- Single Sign-On (SSO)
The integration supports SMAL SSO implementation (IDP). No additional integration is required to enable the Cornerstone and Coursera for Business integration.
The following considerations apply to this enhancement:
- Content disablement is required if your Learning Management System contains existing Coursera content.
- This integration is NOT a data-feed based integration.
- If your organization has an existing integration with Coursera and would like to enable the new integration, contact both Cornerstone Global Customer Support and the Coursera team to disable the existing integration.
Training Launched from Integrated Provider's Site
All progress data for online content launched directly from an integrated provider's site is automatically recorded to the learner's Cornerstone transcript and within Cornerstone reporting functionality, just as if they had launched the course from within the Cornerstone system. The progress data will match the data provided by the content provider's site. Consequently, this enhancement allows for real-time progress data visibility in a single system of record. Note: The online content consumed directly from an integrated content provider must also be present in the Course Catalog in order for the external progress to be recorded to the learner's Cornerstone transcript.
- Only the following two training statuses are supported by this behavior:
- In Progress
- A Completed status cannot be reverted back to an In Progress status. Any progress data communicated after the online content completion will update all values except completion status and completion date.
For organizations using the Learning module, this integration can be self-enabled via the Edge Marketplace. The Cornerstone OnDemand and Coursera for Business integration is available for a cost. Please contact your Account Manager for additional information.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Edge Integrations - Manage||Grants access to the Integrations service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can configure, enable, and disable their third-party integrations that are used within the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|