e-days Absence Management Integration
For organizations using e-days for absence management, the Absence Management Integration allows organizations to provide a seamless experience to their employees via Single Sign-On (SSO). Users can log in to e-days and access and manage their absence balances from within their Cornerstone Universal Profile.
In addition, basic user and organizational unit (OU) information is synchronized from the Cornerstone HR system to e-days user profiles. When a new user or OU is added to the Cornerstone HR system, the user or OU will automatically be added to the organization's e-days system as well. When an existing user or OU is updated in the Cornerstone HR system, the user or OU is updated in the organization's e-days system.
This functionality is only available to organizations using Cornerstone HR.
- Data is only sent from Cornerstone to e-days. User record data and OU data is not sent from e-days to Cornerstone if users or OUs are updated or added in e-days.
- Only active OUs and users are synced with e-days. Candidates and inactive users and OUs are not synced.
- OU data is only synced from Cornerstone HR to e-days if the integration is configured to do so and if the OU is active in the portal. In addition, the integration syncs with the portal's default culture.
- A user can only SSO in to e-days from their Universal Profile if their user record has already been established in e-days.
- The system begins syncing users after the integration is enabled.
e-days Absence Management Integration Enablement
To enable the e-days Absence Management integration:
- Log in to e-days and go to ) to navigate to the Users page.
- Edit the Admin account.
- Select the Roles tab.
- In the Account Type field, select Api Client.
- Note the Client ID and Client Secret. These values will be needed when configuring the integration. Note: The Client Secret is displayed only once. If a new Client Secret is regenerated, the old one is no longer valid.
- Log in to your Cornerstone portal and go to( ) to navigate to Open the Edge Marketplace .
- Search for and install the e-days Absence Management Integration.
- Review the terms and agreements and select the checkbox.
- Select then select . The Settings page opens.
- Go to to activate the integration via Edge Integrate.
- Complete the following fields:
- Client ID - Enter your e-days Client ID. This is provided by your e-days implementation team.
- Client Secret - Enter your e-days Client Secret. This is provided by your e-days implementation team.
- e-days portal URL: e-days application URL.
e-days Assertion Consumer Service URL - This URL is required if using the IdP SSO functionality that comes with this integration. This endpoint will be provided by your e-days implementation team.
- Third Party IdP - Enable the toggle switch if you are using a third party federated IdP SSO provider. Note: Enabling the toggle disables the IdP SSO functionality that comes with this integration.
- If Third Party IdP is enabled, ID to use for SSO User ID - Allows you to define which Cornerstone user identifier should be passed to e-days if "Third Party IdP" is enabled in your portal. Options are User ID, Username, Email Address, and Cornerstone Internal User ID.
User Filter- Allows you to exclude users from being created/updated in e-days. To define the users to exclude from the sync, select the user custom field from the drop-down. If no selection is made, all users in your Cornerstone portal will be created/updated in e-days. Note the following:
- The drop-down options only include active user custom fields of type checkbox. If made available, the user custom field checkbox is visible on the User Profile page.
- If the checkbox is selected, the user is created/updated in e-days.
- If the checkbox is NOT selected, the user will be excluded from the sync.
- Notification email - Enter the email address(es) where error notifications should be sent. If entering multiple emails, separate each by a comma.
- Standard OU Sync - Allows you to define which standard OUs will be created/updated in e-days as Group types. To add a standard OU, click on the button and select an OU from the Standard OU Type drop-down. The Comment field is optional. The list below is standard OUs supported with this integration:
- Cost Center
Manage Absences via e-days
When the e-days Absence Management integration is enabled for a portal, users can quickly log in to their e-days account from within Cornerstone.
To log in to e-days from the Cornerstone portal:
- Navigate to the Universal Profile.
- From the Options drop-down menu, select .
The user's credentials are passed to e-days and the user is logged in to e-days without having to enter their username and password. There, the user can access and manage their absences within the e-days system.
User Sync with e-days
When the e-days Absence Management integration is enabled for a portal, basic user profile information is synchronized from the Cornerstone HR system to e-days user profiles. When a new user is added to the Cornerstone HR system, the user will automatically be added to the organization's e-days system as well. In addition, when an existing user is updated in the Cornerstone HR system, the user's profile is updated in the organization's e-days system.
To add a new user record, go to. Then, select the link.
Edit a user's user record in one of the following ways:
- Go to and select the name of the appropriate user.
- Navigate to the user's Universal Profile. Select the User Record tab from the Universal Profile navigation. Then, select the button.
User Sync Fields
The following user fields are synced from Cornerstone to e-days:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Last Hire Date
- Active Status
- User's manager (as Authoriser in e-days)
- User ID
Please note the following:
- User custom fields are not sent over to e-days as part of this integration. This includes user custom fields created for Rota, Work Schedule, and FTE.
- User is placed into the appropriate Division, Position, Grade, Cost Center, and Location organizational units (OU) (Group in e-days). This is true only if the OU type is active AND configured to sync on the Settings page.
- The employee's manager is set as the Authoriser in e-days.
- e-days does not support multiple names/value for different cultures. As part of the integration, Cornerstone will only send names/values based on the portal's default culture.
OU Sync with e-days
When the e-days Absence Management integration is enabled for a portal, basic OU information is synchronized from the Cornerstone HR system to e-days group. When a new OU is added to the Cornerstone HR system, the OU will automatically be added as a group to the organization's e-days system as well. In addition, when an existing OU is updated in the Cornerstone HR system, the OU is updated as a group in the organization's e-days system.
The integration supports both standard and custom OUs. Cornerstone OUs are created as Groups in e-days. The list below shows standard OUs created in e-days:
- Cost Center
To create an OU:
- Go to .
- Click the link.
- Select the appropriate OU type from the Select Organizational Unit drop-down list.
- Click the
link (e.g., Add Division, Add Position, Add Location).
- Custom OU Sync: This table allows you to define which custom OUs are created/updated in e-days as Group types.
To add a custom OU, click thebutton and select an OU from the Custom OU Type drop-down. The Comment field is optional.
OU Sync Fields
The following OU fields are synced from Cornerstone to e-days:
Sync Error Handling
If the e-days Absence Management integration is enabled and an error occurs when the Cornerstone HR system submits a user record or OU to the e-days system for synchronization, the Cornerstone HR system generates an email to the e-days integration email address. This email contains the error messages that were indicated by e-days. The email address to which these error emails are sent is the email address that is configured to receive notification messages in the event of sync failures.
One failure notification email is generated for each user record or OU that fails to sync.
The e-days integration is available to try or purchase via the Edge Marketplace. During this process, the administrator must provide their pre-existing e-days account credentials. To access the Edge Marketplace, go to.
This integration is only available to organizations using Cornerstone HR. Organizations must also have an e-days account.
The following permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Edge Integrations - Manage||Grants access to the Integrations service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can configure, enable, and disable their third-party integrations that are used within the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|