Kronos Workforce Ready (WFR) Time & Attendance
The Kronos WFR Time & Attendance integration allows organizations to provide a seamless experience to their employees via Single Sign-On (SSO). Simply setup an outbound data feed from your Cornerstone portal to Kronos and enable this integration to allow your employees to log in to Kronos and access their time and attendance information from within their Cornerstone Universal Profile.
In addition, basic user profile information and organizational unit (OU) data is synchronized from the Cornerstone HR system to Kronos. When a new user or OU is added to the Cornerstone HR system, the user or OU is automatically be added to the organization's Kronos system as well. In addition, when an existing OU or user is updated in the Cornerstone HR system, the OU or user's profile is updated in the organization's Kronos system.
This functionality is only available to organizations using Cornerstone HR.
Kronos Integration Enablement
To enable the Kronos integration:
- Select and purchase the Kronos Workforce Ready Time & Attendance integration from the Edge Marketplace ( ).
- Activate the integration via Edge Integrate ( ).
- Configure the integration on the Edge Settings page by entering the following information:
- API Key - Enter the API credentials, which are provided by Kronos Implementation team.
- Username - Enter the Kronos account username, which is provided by Kronos Implementation team.
- Password - Enter the Kronos account password, which is provided by Kronos Implementation team.
- Company Short Name - Enter the company code that is used to set up SSO.
- Notification Email - Enter the email address to which you want error notifications to be sent. A best practice is to set up an email distribution list of all administrators who would monitor integration errors.
- Organization Unit Mapping (Division, Location, Position, Cost Center, and Grade) - Enter the Field number in Kronos that corresponds with each organizational unit (OU). This is used to map cost centers in Workforce Ready to OUs in Cornerstone. Using the Field number in Kronos, the administrator can specify the OUs that need to be mapped. The Field number can be obtained by navigating to the Cost Center Setup in the Kronos portal (In Kronos WFN, go to Company Settings > Global Setup > Company Setup > Company Config). The Field number is a value from 1-10. Only standard OUs can be mapped to Kronos cost centers (Division, Location, Position, Cost Center, and Grade).
Report Time via Kronos
When the Kronos Time & Attendance integration is enabled for a portal, users are able to quickly log in to their Kronos account from within Cornerstone.
To log in to Kronos from the Cornerstone portal, navigate to the Universal Profile. Then, from the Options drop-down menu, select . The user's credentials are passed to Kronos and the user is logged in to Kronos without having to enter their username and password. There, the user can access and update their time and attendance within the Kronos system.
User Sync with Kronos
When the Kronos Time & Attendance integration is enabled for a portal, basic user profile information is synchronized from the Cornerstone HR system to Kronos user profiles. When a new user is added to the Cornerstone HR system, the user will automatically be added to the organization's Kronos system as well. In addition, when an existing user is updated in the Cornerstone HR system, the user's profile is updated in the organization's Kronos system.
To add a new user record, go to. Then, select the link.
A user's user record can be edited in the following manner
- Go to . Then, select the name of the appropriate user.
- Navigate to the user's Universal Profile. Select the User Record tab from the Universal Profile navigation. Then, select the button.
User Sync Field Mapping
The following fields are synced from Cornerstone to Kronos:
|Cornerstone Field||Kronos Field|
|User ID||Employee ID|
|First Name||First Name (required)|
|Middle Name||Middle Name|
|Last Name||Last Name (required)|
|Home Phone||Home Phone|
|Address Line 1||Address Line 1|
|Address Line 2||Address Line 2|
|Zip Code||Postal Code|
|Last Hire Date||Date Hired (required)|
|Division||Cost Center Trees (mapping based on value provided in integration setup)|
|Position||Cost Center Trees (mapping based on value provided in integration setup)|
|Cost Center||Cost Center Trees (mapping based on value provided in integration setup)|
|Grade||Cost Center Trees (mapping based on value provided in integration setup)|
|Location||Cost Center Trees (mapping based on value provided in integration setup)|
|Manager ID||Manager Information (mapping based on value provided in integration setup)|
User Sync Error Handling
If the Kronos integration is enabled and an error occurs when the Cornerstone HR system submits an OU or user record to the Kronos system for synchronization, then the Cornerstone HR system generates an email to the Kronos integration email address. This email contains the error messages that were indicated by Kronos. The email address to which these error emails are sent is the email address that is configured to receive notification messages in the event of sync failures.
- The integration does not sync from Kronos to Cornerstone HR, meaning that if a user is added or updated in Kronos, these users are not added or updated in Cornerstone HR.
- The system begins syncing OUs and users after the integration is enabled. Any existing Cornerstone HR users must be added in bulk via the Kronos solution. User data sync between Kronos and Cornerstone is not real-time because it uses the outbound or inbound data feed.
- Cornerstone HR does not share any Sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (SPII) with Kronos. Sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (SPII) fields cannot be included in a data load feed. Only manual data loads are supported.
- User record custom fields in Cornerstone cannot be shared with Kronos with this integration.
- Custom fields on the OU are not currently shared with Kronos.
- Custom OUs are not currently shared with Kronos.
The Kronos integration is available to try or to purchase via the Edge Marketplace. During this process the administrator must provide their pre-existing Kronos account credentials. To access the Edge Marketplace, go to.
This integration is only available to organizations using Cornerstone HR. Organizations must also have a Kronos account. Also, this integration requires that organizations have purchased and configured an outbound or inbound data feed. In order to purchase a data feed, please contact your Sales or Client Executive.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Edge Integrations - Manage||Grants access to the Integrations service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can configure, enable, and disable their third-party integrations that are used within the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|