Employee Record Change Outbound Feed
An Employee Record Change Outbound Feed integration is available in the Edge Marketplace. Once this feed is enabled, administrators can schedule a daily outbound feed of all changes made to the employee master data in the last 24 hours when Cornerstone is the system of record. Feeds are available in the CSV - comma and pipe delimited formats.
To access the Employee Record Change Outbound Feed tile, go toand search for "Employee Record Change Outbound Feed". Click the tile, and then click .
Once installed, the Edge Integrations page opens so that you can select the settings for your outbound feed. For specific information about each field, click. Once you are done, click . Your outbound feed will run at the scheduled time.
This integration includes the following functionality:
- Daily feeds can only run once a day.
- The first time you run the Employee Record Change Outbound Feed, the file includes all audit records from the last time Effective Dating was enabled. Subsequent runs include all audit records created after the last run, including future dated records and current changes.
- The feed contains 2 types of data files, modification_history and completed_scheduled changes. The Modification history includes all changes made to the employee record including schedule future changes. The completed_scheduled_changes file contains a list of scheduled changes completed since the last feed was delivered.
- Data files can contain up to 1 million rows each, and any data that is over this limit will result in an additional file being added. For example, if the feed file has 2 million rows, 2 files will be created. The files will be named numerically starting at 1, for example for a .csv feed, files are named modification_history_1.csv and modification_history_2.csv. The size of the feed determines how long it takes to complete.
- Data and metadata files are processed and packaged in a zip file that also includes the metadata read.me file and the schema file.
- Feeds are stored in a Cornerstone FTP folder based on the type of feed. Your scheduled daily feeds are delivered to the "/CHR/ODF/employee_record_changes/scheduled" folder. The optional one-time full feeds are delivered to the "/CHR/ODF/employee_record_changes/ondemand" folder. To access the files, users need valid credentials and permission, and an FTP viewer, such as Filezilla. Files are retained for a maximum of 21 days before they are automatically removed from the FTP folder.
- The data feed is limited to employee user records. All Standard Identifiable Information fields (i.e. date of birth, SSN) are excluded from the feed.
- The table header for the data feed output file is not localized. The localized values and details are provided in an accompanying file.
- If multiple administrators make changes to the configuration page, only the latest changes are observed.
- An administrator can run a one-time full feed on-demand. A full feed may be necessary to sync changes, or to add a new application that requires employee data.
Stop or Pause a Feed
If you need to stop or pause a feed, go to, locate "Employee Record Change Outbound Feed", and toggle the on/off button.
How Does This Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
This integration allows Cornerstone HR clients to effortlessly update downstream systems when employee data changes, eliminating the need to run and export multiple reports or manually import changes.
- This functionality is available for all CHR clients who have access to the Edge Marketplace. Enable the data feed in the Edge Marketplace and configure and manage the feed in the Edge Integration Center.
- It is recommended that you implement this integration in your test environment before you implement it in your production environment.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Edge Integrations - Manage||Grants access to the Integrations service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can configure, enable, and disable their third-party integrations that are used within the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|
|Users – Effective Dating: Manage||Enables administrator to make effective dated changes to the user record. This permission only works when used in conjunction with the Users - Edit General Information permission. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|