By integrating with Org Planning, a product added to the Cornerstone portfolio as part of the Saba acquisition, organizations can easily visualize, plan, and model organizational data.
- Organizations must activate the Org Planning Integration via the Edge Integrate Marketplace.
- To request the new Org Planning Integration, go to and select the Org Planning tile.
- Conditional formatting – Configure chart views using conditional formatting capability. These views can be based on the direct feed from Cornerstone and calculated fields defined in Org Planning.
- HR Metrics – Create unique chart styles using formula fields.
- Dynamic Chart Filtering - Highlight specific parts of the chart or exclude those that are less relevant.
- Plan and modeling feature – Create snapshots and simulate org changes along with impact analysis. Analysis can be done using any information available in your views
- Drag and drop restructuring - Drag and drop entire branches, easily add new managers or subordinates.
- Planning against business goals – Delegate plans to individuals or teams and include dedicated business goals.
- Track changes log – Track plan changes with a granular track changes log.
- Smart Search/Smart Lists/Comparing – Narrow information down to view only what is necessary for the specific task.
- Archiving – Keep track of how an organization evolved over time. Also for compliance use cases.
- Upcoming Roadmap Features – Manage new features that may be part of new releases.
- Printing – Publish org charts to Adobe (.pdf), PowerPoint (.ppt), or Excel (xls).
Cornerstone also provides a daily data refresh of employee data and photographs into Org Planning.
Self-service extensions via flexible field mapping UI
Org Planning provides self-service flexibility to customize the scope of fields that fit into organizational planning as follows:
- Reporting 2.0 – A dedicated report to include/exclude selected fields as part of the data exchange.
- Org Planning Domain Fields – Enables these fields and defines processing.
To get organizations up-and-running right away, the following is provided:
- A set of best practice views and profile cards:
- An employee directory
- Spans and layers
- Workforce counts
- A pre-defined security model for admin, managers, and individual contributor roles.
How Does this Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
- Org Planning delivers value to your entire workforce with secure, up-to-date org charts for every manager and employee, showing just the data appropriate to their position and role.
- Org Planning brings together information for a holistic view of your workforce.
- Org Planning provides a powerful visualization solution to give executives, managers, and human resources the power to thoroughly understand the organization, along with metrics and key performance indicators as a basis for critical organizational decision making.
- This integration is enabled upon request. For additional information and assistance, click the "Get Started" button inside the Org Planning Integration tile in Edge Marketplace and complete the form. A Cornerstone representative will contact you.
- Org Planning is only available in the Production environment.
- Single Sign On is available in the Org Planning (Early Adopter) phase. Org Planning can be integrated as a Service Provider application within a SAML 2.0 Framework. This functionality works best for customers who can extend their existing Identity Provider implementation.
- Org Planning works with the following browsers:
- Windows OS: Chrome, Edge Chromium, Firefox
- Mac OS: Safari (excluding administration features)