ADP Workforce Now (WFN) Core Data Inbound Integration
For organizations using ADP Workforce Now (WFN) as their system of record for Human Resources data, the Core Data Inbound Integration is a solution that allows management of employee and organizational unit (OU) data in Cornerstone when there are changes to employee and OU records in ADP WFN. This integration, which previously existed outside of Edge, is now hosted in Edge for a simple enablement experience that organizations can configure and manage. This integration is API based and no longer require flat files.
- Data is only sent from ADP to Cornerstone. User record data and OU data is not sent from Cornerstone to ADP if users or OUs are updated or added in Cornerstone.
- Only standard fields are sent from ADP to Cornerstone. Custom fields are currently not supported.
- Timezone data is not sent from ADP to Cornerstone for OUs or users.
- If a user in ADP WFN is in multiple organizations with different positions, locations, etc., this is not supported by this integration.
- If ADP WFN is implemented using multiple organizations and common OU codes, this is not supported by this integration.
ADP WFN Core Data Integration Enablement
To enable the ADP WFN Core Data integration:
- Open the ADP Marketplace. Then, search for and purchase the Cornerstone Workforce Now Core Data Sync integration. An email with a subscription token is sent to the administrator.
- Open the Edge Marketplace ( ). Then, search for and enable the ADP Workforce Now Core Data Sync Integration.
- Activate the integration via Edge Integrate ( ).
- Configure the integration on the Edge Settings page by entering the following information:
- Subscription Token - Enter the token value that was provided in the ADP purchase confirmation email.
- Notification Email - Enter the email address to which you want error notifications to be sent. A best practice is to set up an email distribution list of all administrators who would monitor integration errors.
- Client ID - This value is automatically populated once the token is provided and verified.
- Client Secret - This value is automatically populated once the token is provided and verified.
- Cost Center
- User Identifier - Select how the integration identifies users. This can be the user's email address, ADP Associate ID, ADP Position ID, or File Number.
- Force Full Sync
- Force Delta Sync
Once the integration is enabled, all existing data is automatically synced from ADP WFN to the Cornerstone system. Following the initial sync, administrators can log in to their ADP WFN account and create or edit entities (e.g., Business Unit, Job Title, Department, Location, Pay Grade), and these entities will be created or updated as OUs in the Cornerstone system. Similarly, administrators can create or edit employees, and these employees will be created or updated as users in the Cornerstone system.
If an error occurs when syncing data from ADP WFN to Cornerstone, a notification is sent to the Error Notification Email that is configured for the integration.
The ADP Workforce Now Core Data integration is available to try or to purchase via the Edge Marketplace. To access the Edge Marketplace, go to.
This functionality is available to all organizations. Organizations must also have a ADP Workforce Now account.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Edge Integrations - Manage||Grants access to the Integrations service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can configure, enable, and disable their third-party integrations that are used within the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|