ADP Work Opportunity Tax Credit Overview
The ADP Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) Integration provides an additional integration option for assigning WOTC surveys. This integration enables organizations to identify applicants that may qualify for WOTC program tax credits by assigning ADP's WOTC surveys from within Recruiting.
- James is Acme Company's administrator and has been tasked with enabling the WOTC integration between Cornerstone and ADP. This will allow Acme to include the WOTC survey in their application process and enable ADP to manage the submission process.
- James goes to the Edge Marketplace to purchase and activate the ADP WOTC integration. James will also work with his ADP project team to configure Acme's ADP system.
- From the Edge Integrate page, James enters Acme's Client ID, Client Secret, Company Code, and Authentication Code, which is provided by their ADP project team.
- Acme's Cornerstone portal now has an active WOTC integration between Cornerstone and ADP.
- Allan is the Recruiting administrator for Acme.
- With the integration enabled, Allan is tasked with including a WOTC survey in all of Acme's Customer Support requisitions.
- Allan creates a new custom application workflow template that includes a WOTC action step, ensuring that ADP WOTC is added as a custom integration.
- Allan configures all Customer Support requisitions to include the custom application workflow template, which includes a WOTC action step.
- Applicants applying to the Customer Support requisition are now prompted to complete an ADP WOTC survey as part of their application process.
- Lisa, a hiring manager at Acme, is looking to add two new members to her Customer Support team.
- To help reduce the company's income tax liability, Lisa would like to consider hiring a WOTC eligible candidate.
- Lisa goes to the Manage Applicants page for the Customer Support requisition and identifies four potential candidates to assign a WOTC survey to, making sure that all candidates' statuses are assigned to the custom status ADP WOTC.
- While the same candidates are selected, Lisa selects the Assign Integration Assessment option from the Actions drop-down. She proceeds with the assignment and clicks .
- The applicants will receive an email with a link that will redirect them to complete the ADP WOTC survey. Note: The Assign Integration Assessment email will need to be successfully configured by the administrator in Email Administration in order for the applicant to receive the email.
- Cornerstone runs a batch update to update the candidate's assessment status.
- Lisa can check either the Manage Applicants page or the Applicant Profile page for updates on the applicant's potential eligibility status.
- Annie the Candidate has accepted Acme's employment offer.
- Lisa updates Annie's status to "Hired," which triggers Cornerstone to send the offer information to ADP.
- Lisa can view updated eligibility information on Annie's Applicant Profile page or the Manage Applicants page. Lisa can also print relevant ADP forms by clicking the View Report link on the Manage Applicants page or the applicable status panel on the Applicant Profile > Statuses tab.
This functionality is only available for organizations using Recruiting and must be purchased and activated via the Edge Integration Marketplace.
- Mobile App - This functionality is not available in the mobile app. If the survey is included in a step of the application workflow, the step will be skipped in the mobile app.
- Retroactive Application - WOTC surveys cannot be retroactively applied to requisitions prior to enabling of the integration, even though these requisitions are in open/active status.
- Social Security Number - With this integration, ADP will collect the candidate’s Social Security Number at the time the candidate is completing the WOTC survey.
- Application Workflow Set-Up - ADP WOTC surveys cannot be a required step in the application workflow.
Best Practices for Using WOTC Surveys
As a best practice, display the WOTC survey between an Education Experience section and a section such as EEO Questions.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Applicant Status Bank - Manage||Grants ability to access and manage Applicant Status Bank.||Recruiting Administration|
|Applicants: Assign Assessment Integration||
Grants access to manage assessment integrations from the Applicant Profile page. This applies to assessments that have been configured in the integration center. This permission cannot be constrained. This permission is only available for portals that have an active assessments integration.
This is the highest level of permission for this functionality. In addition to being able to assign assessments, users with this permission will be able to view the assessment status and assessment details.
|Applicants: View Assessment Integration Status||
Allows user to view the assessment integration check status on the Applications tab of the Applicant Profile page. The user cannot view the link to the detailed report of the assessment. This permission cannot be constrained. This permission is only available for portals that have an active assessments integration.
This is the lowest level of permission for this functionality. Users with this permission can only view the assessment status; they cannot assign assessments or view assessment details.
|Application Workflow Template - Manage||Grants ability to access and manage Application Workflow Templates. This permission can be constrained by OU and User’s OU. This is an administrator permission.||Recruiting Administration|
|Application Workflow Template - View||Grants ability to access and view Application Workflow Templates.||Recruiting Administration|
|Global Email Administration - Manage||Grants ability to manage email trigger templates across all active modules in the portal. Enables creating, editing and deleting email message templates for various system actions and workflows. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, User Self and Subordinates, and User. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
|Global Email Administration - View||Grants view only access to email templates/triggers and email logs at the global level for the portal. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, User Self and Subordinates, and User. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
Enables reviewer to access requisitions and applicants for requisitions for which they are a reviewer. This permission cannot be constrained.
Note: This is a dynamically assigned permission that is not available in Security Role Administration. Once a requisition is in a Closed or Cancelled status or if the user is removed as a reviewer, the permission is revoked for the associated requisition. This permission cannot be manually assigned.
Note: If an applicant reviewer is removed as a reviewer via the Applicant Profile page, the Requisition: Reviewer permission is revoked for the associated requisition. However, if the reviewer was also added as a reviewer via the General tab when creating, editing, or copying the requisition, the reviewer still appears on the In Review panel as a duplicate reviewer and retains access to the requisition and applicants from the Requisition: Reviewer permission. See Applicant Profile Page Overview for more information about duplicate reviewer instances.