Instructors can be added to the system or associated with a vendor from the Vendors and Instructors page. Note: When scheduling a session, only instructors who have been added to the selected vendor/provider for that session are available to select.
- To add an instructor to a vendor, go to . To the right of the appropriate vendor, click the link. On the Instructors page, click the link.
- To edit an existing instructor, go to . To the right of the appropriate vendor, click the link. On the Instructors page, click the Edit icon to the right of the instructor.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Instructors - Update||Grants ability to edit/update existing instructors for Instructor Led Training Vendors. This permission works in conjunction with the Vendors - View, and Instructors - View permissions. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
If you are adding an instructor to a WebEx or Citrix provider, see the WebEx and Citrix Integrations section below for information.
- If you are adding an existing user as an instructor, click the pop-up icon to the right of the Last Name field. Note: If the instructor you are adding is a user in the system, it is a best practice to select them from the system. Existing users selected as instructors can perform Instructor actions immediately within the system.
- Enter the following information for the instructor:
- First Name - The character limit for this field is 100.
- Last Name - The character limit for this field is 100.
- Home Location - Click the pop-up icon to select the instructor's home location.
- Phone - The character limit for this field is 100.
- Fax - The character limit for this field is 100.
- E-mail - The character limit for this field is 100.
- Language(s) Spoken - Enter any languages the instructor is able to speak. This may be useful when locating an instructor that speaks a specific language. The character limit for this field is 100.
- Education - Enter the instructor's education history.
- Biography - Enter a brief biography about the instructor.
- Certifications - Enter any certifications the instructor possesses. The character limit for this field is 100.
Decide whether or not approval is required. The Approval Required option only appears when the selected instructor is a system user. If this option is selected, the system will require instructor approval before publishing the learning object. Until approval is received, the LO status is Pending.
WebEx and Citrix Integrations
WebEx Integration Notes
- If the email address is already in use for a host on WebEx, the system synchronizes the Host ID, stores the ID on the virtual ILT site, and updates the password with the system generated password. The system also updates WebEx to ensure the host has the permissions to create meetings and training based on the provider to which the instructor is being added. In the event that there are multiple WebEx vendors set up in the system which map to the same WebEx site, the instructor's password is reset to the same value for all vendors with the same WebEx URL in the system.
- If the email address is not already in use for a host on WebEx, the system creates the host on WebEx and generates a new password.
When selecting an existing user, if the selected user does not have an email address on the user record, an Instructor email can be entered in the Add Instructor window. Entering an email address here does not add the email address to the user record. If the email address does exist and is changed on the Edit Instructor screen, the user's Instructor email is changed, but the email address is not saved to the user record.
The time zone on the user's record is sent to the vILT provider when the user is added as an instructor. If the user record does not contain a time zone, the user's location time zone is used, then the portal time zone.
Additionally, the user's Cost Center ID can be sent to the vILT provider as a tracking code when the user is added as an instructor. To enable this functionality, contact Global Customer Support.
Note: This functionally is only available when adding existing users as instructors and only applies to WebEx training courses.
Citrix Integration Notes
An instructor can be created for Citrix providers, such as GoToMeeting. The instructor information can be synchronized between the Cornerstone system and the Citrix provider. Instructors must also be users within the Cornerstone system.
This functionality is only available if Citrix is configured for the portal. To enable this functionality, visit the Edge Marketplace.
When creating a new instructor using an existing user in the system, the system checks to see if the specified email address is already in use for a host on Citrix.
- If the instructor does not have an instructor account within a Citrix provider, then the instructor must register for a GoToMeeting organizer account. Once registered, the instructor must be authenticated in the Cornerstone system.
- If the instructor's email address is already linked to an instructor account within a Citrix provider, then the instructor account within the Cornerstone system is linked with the Citrix instructor account.
After an instructor's account is synchronized with a Citrix account, if the instructor's account is deactivated within the Cornerstone system, it is also deactivated within Citrix. However, if an instructor's email address or other information is changed within the Cornerstone system, this does not update the instructor's information within Citrix.
Best Practice: If an instructor's email address must be updated, the best practice is to deactivate the instructor within the Cornerstone system, update the instructor's email address within Citrix, create a new instructor within the Cornerstone system with the updated email address, and then enter the instructor's credentials to link the accounts.