Multiple Providers - Session Options Overview
The ability to configure the same session to have both virtual and onsite instances is controlled by a backend setting. To enable this functionality, contact Global Customer Support.
The following are the basic steps for configuring a session to have both virtual and onsite instances:
- Configure the event to have a primary and secondary vendor, with one vendor being a virtual provider and the other an onsite provider.
- Configure the session to have both virtual and onsite session options.
- An organization would like all of its new hires to be trained on their internal company policies. Normally, such training is performed through the use of instructor led training. However, the new hires are spread out over various locations, making virtual and onsite training a more practical solution.
- The ILT administrator creates a new Internal Company Policy event and configures the event for both an onsite and virtual provider. She then creates a webcast session for the event.
- Once the webcast session is created, the administrator creates multiple session options for the parent session. She creates one for the New York office and adjusts the maximum registration to 50 users. She creates one to be held in Paris, France, with a maximum registration of 25 users and availability set to only the Finance department. She creates three more session options, each with a different location and other unique settings.
- Users register for the sessions and are also enrolled via proxy enrollment. The administrator monitors the roster for the parent session and session options to ensure users are registering correctly.
- After the sessions occur, the administrator receives the sign-in sheets from each location and enters the attendance and score for each user. The rosters for users in the virtual sessions are automatically updated.
- The administrator prints a report to identify which session options still need their roster updated, and then updates the rosters accordingly.