In the Properties section, enter the following information:
- Event Name - Enter a name for the event that the user will see (required field). The character limit is 500.
- Event Number - Enter a number.
- Vendor - Choose a vendor from the pop-up menu (required field). The Vendor field cannot be edited once the event is created. Note: If this field is named Primary Vendor and a Secondary Vendor field appears below it, then your portal has enabled the ability to configure multiple providers for a session. See ILT Event - Create - Step 1 - Properties - Primary Vendor.
- Training Hours - Enter training hours/minutes that will display on the Event Detail pop-up. If 0 hours and 0 minutes is the event value then no value will display on the Event Details pop-up.
- Description - Enter an event description. This is HTML friendly. The character limit for this field is 4000.
- Resources (Attachments) - This section enables administrators to view and manage attachments for the event. The visibility of each attachment can be determined by the administrator. For example, some attachments may be visible to only administrators, while other attachments may be visible to all users. In addition, attachments can be made visible to users only if they are registered for the corresponding event. This section is only available for users that have permission to view or manage LO attachments. See ILT Event - Create - Properties - Resources.
- Objectives - Enter objectives, if applicable. This field is HTML friendly. The text character limit for this field is 3000, while 500 characters are reserved for HTML tags.
- Language - Select language from drop-down if applicable.
- Enter information in the customizable event fields, if any. If you do not complete these fields, they do not display to users.
- Resources (Materials) - This section enables administrators to view and manage the materials for the event. Add by clicking on the link. Event materials are resources that are required for the event. These materials are not the same materials that are created in Course Catalog.
- Select Material Type from drop-down. The following material types are available: Audio Cassette, Book, Course Kit, Course Reader/Packet, CD-ROM, Dictionary/Thesaurus, Equipment, Hardware (Special), Journal, Magazine, Miscellaneous, Software, Tool/Accessory, Video Cassette.
- Enter Material Title.
- Enter Material Location.
- Enter Material Notes.
- Click to add the material. Add more resources by repeating steps above if applicable.
- Subjects - Click link to associate the event with a Subject Area. These subject names can be used by users when searching for training. This field is required. When a subject is selected, the subject appears below the link. If the selected subject is a child subject, then the entire hierarchy is displayed. In addition, the entire subject hierarchy is displayed in the following areas:
- Competencies - Click link to associate a competency to this event.
- Skills - Click link to associate a skill to this event.
- Active - Check to make this event active.
- Allow Users to Attend Multiple Sessions - Check to allow users to register for more than one session of this event.
- Allow Interest Tracking - Check to allow users to indicate interest for this event. This is checked by default. If this is unchecked after a user has already indicated interest, the event will not be visible to for the user on the Interest & Waitlist page. If it is re-activated, then event will be visible on the user's Interest & Waitlist page and the welcome page widget.
- Allow users to select Sessions - This option is only available when using the old Transcript functionality. Allows users to choose a particular session when enrolling in an event. The box is checked by default. Unchecking the box hides the link for the user in the following instances and takes effect immediately upon saving the event:
- End Users - By default, this option is checked for newly created events.
- Admins and Managers - By default, this option is unchecked for newly created events.
- The event contact will default to the person scheduling the Event, but can be overridden. The session contact will default to the person scheduling the Session, but can also be overridden.
- When this field is activated, events that have been created in the past will not have anybody listed in the training contact field. Editing an event without a contact will not default the contact field with the person performing the editing.
For portals with multiple languages enabled, if the translation of a title or description is modified, the Modification History panel displays the change. However, only changes to languages that were added when the learning object was initially created are tracked.
The initial creation and changes to the title and description display in the panel as follows:
- Title at Initial Creation - <Learning Object Type> created with <Language of Title> Title "<Title>" by <User Full Name> (<User ID>) on <Date/Time of Creation>.
- Description at Initial Creation - <Learning Object Type> created with <Language of Description> Description of "<Description>" by <User Full Name> (<User ID>) on <Date/Time of Creation>.
- Change to Title - Title in <Language of Title> was changed to "<New Title>" by <User Full Name> (<User ID>) on <Date/Time of Creation>.
- Change to Description - Description in <Language of Description> was changed to "<New Description>" by <User Full Name> (<User ID>) on <Date/Time of Creation>.
- Title/Description Translation Change - Title/Description in <Language> "<New Title/Description>" was added by <User Full Name> (<User ID>) on <Date/Time of Creation>.