Level 1 Evaluations are used to measure and record a learner's reaction to training they’ve recently completed, such as their rating of the course content, materials, and relevance. Level 1 Evaluations are the most commonly used type of Cornerstone evaluation and can be attached to various learning object (LO) types. The information gathered by Level 1 Evaluations can drive decisions about the types of training that are most effective and engaging to your learning audience.
To manage evaluations for an event or session, go to.
- Click the Edit icon in the Evaluations column to manage an evaluation for an event.
- Click the View Sessions icon and the Edit icon in the Evaluations column to manage an evaluation for a session.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Events - Edit||Grants ability to edit/update existing instructor led training events. This permission works in conjunction with Events - View permission. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, ILT Provider, and User's ILT Provider. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Level 1 Evaluation Administration||Grant Access to create and manage level 1 (reaction) evaluations associated with learning objects. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
The following management options are available for evaluations attached to events or sessions:
- Active - Check the Active checkbox to associate an evaluation with an event or session.
- The type field displays whether this course is using the corporate default, a custom evaluation, or the event default.
- A session always has an evaluation associated with it, the Active checkbox says whether or not the users can complete the evaluation.
- Required - Check the Required checkbox to make the evaluation required for session completion.
- When the user completes the session, their status will be Pending Evaluation until they complete the evaluation.
- Include Pre-Training - Check the Include Pre-Training checkbox to include a pre-test for Level 2 evaluations or a pre-evaluation for Level 3 evaluations.
- Preview - Preview the evaluation by clicking on the Preview icon .
- This will open the user view of the evaluation in a pop-up window.
- Select Evaluation - Change the evaluation by clicking the Select icon .
- Select evaluation by clicking on the Add icon.
- To restore the evaluation to the corporate default, click on the Restore Default icon .
Clickto submit your changes.
Evaluation Helpful Hints
- Associating evaluations at the event level will associate that evaluation as a default to all sessions created for that event.
- If a session has an Level 1 evaluation assigned the users will see the Evaluate option on their transcript for that class on the date of the session.
- If a session has a Level 2 pre-training evaluation assigned the users will see the Take Pre-Test option on their transcript.
- If a session has a Level 2 evaluation assigned the users will see the Take Post-Test option on their transcript for that class on the date of the session or after they complete a Level 1 if Level 1 active.
- If a session has a Level 3 pre-training evaluation assigned the learner will see the Take Pre-Test option on their transcript.
- If a session has a Level 3 evaluation assigned the Level 3 will deploy as a task to the learner, manager, and subordinates (recipients depend on how Level 3 is set-up).
- If an evaluation is required then users will have the status Pending Evaluation when the session is marked complete and the status will not change to Completed until the evaluation is complete.
- Administrators and instructors can view the evaluation responses by viewing the Evaluation Report from the Manage Events and Sessions page or the ILT