Level 1 Evaluations are used to measure and record a learner's reaction to training they’ve recently completed, such as their rating of the course content, materials, and relevance. Level 1 Evaluations are the most commonly used type of Cornerstone evaluation and can be attached to various learning object (LO) types. The information gathered by Level 1 Evaluations can drive decisions about the types of training that are most effective and engaging to your learning audience.
Design Note: An updated interface is available for this page, which can be enabled by administrators in Feature Activation Preferences. With the new design, the functionality of the page is unchanged.
To manage evaluations for an event or session, go to.
- Click the Edit icon in the Evaluations column to manage an evaluation for an event.
- Click the View Sessions icon and the Edit icon in the Evaluations column to manage an evaluation for a session.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Events - Edit||Grants ability to edit/update existing instructor led training events. This permission works in conjunction with Events - View permission. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, ILT Provider, and User's ILT Provider. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Level 1 Evaluation Administration||Grant Access to create and manage level 1 (reaction) evaluations associated with learning objects. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
The following management options are available for evaluations attached to events or sessions:
- Active - Check the Active checkbox to associate an evaluation with an event or session.
- The type field displays whether this course is using the corporate default, a custom evaluation, or the event default.
- A session always has an evaluation associated with it, the Active checkbox says whether or not the users can complete the evaluation.
- Required - Check the Required checkbox to make the evaluation required for session completion.
- When the user completes the session, their status will be Pending Evaluation until they complete the evaluation.
- Include Pre-Training - Check the Include Pre-Training checkbox to include a pre-test for Level 2 evaluations or a pre-evaluation for Level 3 evaluations.
- Preview - Preview the evaluation by clicking on the Preview icon .
- This will open the user view of the evaluation in a pop-up window.
- Select Evaluation - Change the evaluation by clicking the Select icon .
- Select evaluation by clicking on the Add icon.
- To restore the evaluation to the corporate default, click on the Restore Default icon .
Clickto submit your changes.
Evaluation Helpful Hints
- Associating evaluations at the event level will associate that evaluation as a default to all sessions created for that event.
- If a session has an Level 1 evaluation assigned the users will see the Evaluate option on their transcript for that class on the date of the session.
- If a session has a Level 2 pre-training evaluation assigned the users will see the Take Pre-Test option on their transcript.
- If a session has a Level 2 evaluation assigned the users will see the Take Post-Test option on their transcript for that class on the date of the session or after they complete a Level 1 if Level 1 active.
- If a session has a Level 3 pre-training evaluation assigned the learner will see the Take Pre-Test option on their transcript.
- If a session has a Level 3 evaluation assigned the Level 3 will deploy as a task to the learner, manager, and subordinates (recipients depend on how Level 3 is set-up).
- If an evaluation is required then users will have the status Pending Evaluation when the session is marked complete and the status will not change to Completed until the evaluation is complete.
- Administrators and instructors can view the evaluation responses by viewing the Evaluation Report from the Manage Events and Sessions page or the ILT