General Minimum Requirements
As a SaaS (Software as a Service) application, there are no hosting hardware requirements. Clients do not maintain the software or provide network administration. In the on-demand delivery model, there are no requirements for server-side resources and minimal requirements for end users.
|Computer||Display Resolution||Display Color||Network and Connectivity|
Minimum 1 GB of RAM, 1 GHz Processor.
Soundcard required only for courses delivered in audio.
A resolution of 1024x768 or higher is recommended.
Minimum color quality requirement is 16 bit.
Optimal color quality is 32 bit.
Minimum 128 kbps.
256 kbps or higher is recommended.
The Performance and Succession Platforms require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view reports that export to PDF. Adobe Acrobat Reader is also required to view training completion certificates.
- Additional plug-ins may need to be enabled for users to access e-learning courses hosted on Cornerstone, such as Shockwave, Java, etc.
- Check with your e-learning vendor or online course software vendor for their recommended minimum requirements.
Additional Software Considerations
- The core application requires Adobe Acrobat Reader for reports that export to PDF, and/or Microsoft Excel 2007 or higher although not all users necessarily need these capabilities.
- The SMP PowerPoint Template report requires Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 or higher or PowerPoint 2003 with the Microsoft Office 2007 software converter add-on.
Select the below link to download the latest system requirements for using Inline Help.
Browser Versions Supported:
- Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge Chromium)
- Note: Cornerstone does not support the use of IE Mode.
- As of the July ’21 Release, Cornerstone no longer supports Microsoft Edge Legacy and Internet Explorer 11 browsers.
- Latest stable browser version of Apple Safari
- Latest stable browser version of Mozilla Firefox
- Latest stable browser version of Google Chrome
- Browsers must be installed in vendor supported environments.
About Internet Explorer Compatibility Mode
As a default setting, Internet Explorer 11 automatically displays Intranet sites in Compatibility Mode. This means that the page is displayed in Internet Explorer 7 Compatibility Mode, which is not supported.
To change this default setting, follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- In the menu bar, go to .
- Uncheck the Display intranet sites in Compatibility View option and close the pop-up.
Browser Compatibility Settings and Security Requirements
Cornerstone does NOT require any specific compatibility settings aside from:
- Support for Transport Layer Security (TLS 1.1 or 1.2) (Must support 256 or 128 bit TLS encryption).
- Pop-up blocker must be disabled for the Cornerstone application.
Please perform some troubleshooting steps, and submit the results to Cornerstone by creating a case with Global Customer Support.
Select this link to view troubleshooting steps and gather information to submit a case, if necessary.
IP Addresses and Domains
- The IT department may need to safe list the IP addresses of content coming from Cornerstone.
- A list of IP addresses can be found in the Client Email Configuration document. See the Client Email Configuration and Network Security Requirements section below to access this document.
- In addition, users may need to add the Cornerstone domains (csod.com or cornerstoneonedemand.com) to their email client or SPAM filter Safe Senders list.
- If users are working in Stage or Pilot environments, a dead box maybe enabled which will send all email traffic to a specific email account within their organization.
- Please contact Global Customer Support if you require a confirmation or change of your dead box information.
Cornerstone supports the native mobile application for the three most recent versions of Android and the most recent versions of iOS. In order to use the Cornerstone Learn app, users' devices must use one of the three most recent versions of Android or the most recent version of iOS.
Cornerstone is mobile browser accessible via the latest version of native browsers in the latest version of iOS and the three most recent versions of Android.
The user pages of the Cornerstone system are generally compliant with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, depending on the features used and the way the client has configured its portal.
The Cornerstone system is compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA. This ensures that all user features are accessible to people with disabilities. Cornerstone maintains support for the latest version of JAWS screen reading software.
- Cornerstone currently supports SCORM 1.2, 2004 (3rd edition) and AICC. Note: Currently, SCORM 2004 3rd edition is implemented. Backward compatibility is generally expected, and thus courses published in 2nd edition is likely to work properly, but it is advised that courses are created using SCORM 2004 3rd edition.
- Support for next-generation standards will be posted when confirmed and certified.
Cornerstone does not mandate use of any particular online learning course software. However, if publishing to SCORM 2004, the software should optimally be 3rd edition conformant to avoid issues with course navigation, bookmarking, or reporting of completion status.
If it is intended to use the Cornerstone app to allow users to access online courses, please check the requirements of the mobile device vendor to ensure publishing is the supported format for that device's operating system.
- Non-Flash based content for iOS devices.
The Network Security Requirements are now included in the Client Email Configuration document. See the Client Email Configuration and Network Security Requirements section below to access this document.
The Client Email Configuration document details the email configuration requirements to improve email delivery rates, including Email Server Safe Listing. This document also includes the minimum end user network security requirements to successfully use the Cornerstone portal.
Click here to download the Client Email Configuration document.
To view the latest Akamai CAC list and Cornerstone's Akamai update schedule, select the following link. This topic is only available to clients to whom the information is relevant.
If you receive an error when accessing this topic, it is because your organization is not utilizing this functionality. If you feel this is incorrect, please reach out to your Client Executive.