Self-Migration of Temporary OUs
Top level system administrators can choose to self-migrate their portal over to use preboarding organizational units (OU) rather than temporary OUs. The temporary OUs are found in onboarding workflows that were created prior to implementation of this enhancement.
Note: The self-migration will not include inactive onboarding workflows.
To self-migrate the portal:
- Navigate to .
- Scroll down to the Preboarding Organizational Units Enablement section.
- Click the option. This opens the Preboarding Organizational Units Enablement acknowledgment pop-up.
- Click to enable the migration.
- Click to close the pop-up without enabling the migration.
Clicking select the preboarding OUs for new hires by creating preboarding OU configurations and/or selecting the preboarding OUs on the Start Onboarding page.removes the temporary OUs from onboarding workflows. You will then need to
The Preboarding Organizational Units Enablement section on the Onboarding Workflows page will be hidden the next time you or another system administrator accesses the page.
Once the self-migration is enabled, all temporary OUs in onboarding workflows are converted to preboarding OU configurations. The preboarding OU configurations can be viewed and managed from the Preboarding OU Configurations page.
- For each onboarding workflow, one new preboarding OU configuration is created. The following values are placed into the configuration:
- Created By - The name of the user who enabled the self-migration.
- Title of Preboarding OU Configuration - The name of the onboarding workflow.
- Preboarding OUs - Populated with the temporary OUs from the onboarding workflow.
- Availability - Populated with the availability settings from the onboarding workflow.
Onboarding Information Section
The self-migration will make changes to the Onboarding Information section for onboarding workflows. After migration, only the following options will display in this section:
- New Employee - Prior to migration, this option was named "External-to-internal" and allowed administrators to select temporary OUs for external candidates who were hired from outside the organization and are being onboarded to an internal position. After migration, selecting this option will create an onboarding workflow for external-to-internal onboarding.
- Current Employee - Prior to migration, this option was named "Internal-to-internal" and allowed administrators to select temporary OUs for users who were onboarding from one internal position to another. After migration, selecting this option will create an onboarding workflow for internal-to-internal onboarding.
The temporary OUs fields will no longer display, since they will be configured on the Create Preboarding Organizational Unit Configuration page.
Automatic Permission Assignment
In addition, all users who currently have permission to manage onboarding workflows will be automatically assigned the Preboarding Organizational Units - Manage permission.