The Navigation Tabs and Links Extensions functionality allows you to create navigation tabs specifically for the onboarding process. Various sublinks are available to select for the tabs in order to provide onboarding employees with access to system and custom pages that are beneficial during the onboarding process, such as Universal Profile and Browse for Training. Navigation tabs are then added to employee onboarding workflows, which are used in the onboarding process.
From the Navigation Tabs and Links Extensions administration page, you can create navigation tabs and links extensions. You can also view the existing tabs and links that have been created for onboarding.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Onboarding Navigation Tab - Manage||Grants ability to access and manage Navigation Tabs and Links Extensions in Onboarding. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Employee Onboarding - Administration|
The following information displays in the Extensions table:
- Name - This column displays the name of the extension.
- Active - This column displays the active status of the extension. The column displays Yes for active extensions and No for inactive extensions.
The following options display in the Options drop-down:
- Edit - Click edit the extension. If the extension is currently included in a workflow, a confirmation pop-up opens. Click to continue the edit action, or click to cancel the edit action. Changes to a navigation tab extension when the transition is in an In Progress status affect all of the associated transitions. to
- Copy - Click to copy the extension.
- Delete - Click to delete the extension. This option is only available if the extension has not been used in a transition workflow.
Clickto return to the page.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Navigation tabs and links extensions are tabs and sublinks that provide a dedicated navigation tab/links resource in your portal for onboarding employees.
- You create an extension and name it Onboarding for New Employees. While creating the extension, you add "Universal Profile" and "Browse for Training" sublinks to the extension so that new employees have quick access to these important system pages. You save the extension so that it is available to select when creating onboarding workflows.
- You create an onboarding workflow and name it Workflow for New Sales Team. In the Acculturation section, you add the Onboarding for New Employees extension. You save the workflow so that it is available for recruiters to select on the Applicant Profile page when they start onboarding for new Sales Team employees.
- A recruiter is ready to start onboarding for a new Sales Team employee. She navigates to the new employee's Applicant Profile page. She clicks from the Options drop-down. This opens the Start Onboarding page, from which she configures the onboarding settings for the employee. In the Onboarding Workflow section on the page, she makes sure to select the Workflow for New Sales Team onboarding workflow that you created. She clicks to start onboarding for the employee.
- The new Sales Team employee accesses the portal. She sees the Onboarding for New Employees navigation tab. She clicks the link so that she can complete her bio. Then, she clicks the link so that she can find training that is relevant to her new role.
Employees can see the tabs and links if onboarding is started for them (from the Applicant Profile > Start Onboarding page), and the extension is included in the onboarding workflow that is selected for the onboarding employee.
Check to make sure they have not reached their hire date. Once they reach their hire date, the navigation tab is no longer visible. You can check an employee's hire date from your Onboarding Dashboard.