PayPal - Configure a Business Account
Use the information below to configure a PayPal business account, integrate it with Cornerstone, and test the integration.
Configure a PayPal Business Account
To configure a PayPal business account
- Go to the PayPal business website and follow the instructions to create a business account. If you need assistance, contact a PayPal account specialist at 1-855-456-1330.
- Retrieve your Client ID and Client Secret from PayPal. See Obtain Client ID and Client Secret from PayPal.
Integrate PayPal with Cornerstone
To integrate PayPal with Cornerstone On Demand
- Enable the PayPal Payment Gateway Edge Integration. See PayPal Payment Gateway Integration Enablement.
- Configure the payment account for your PayPal business account. See PayPal Payment Gateway - Define Payment Account.
- Use Payment Preferences to allow or require the collection of a secondary billing address, if applicable. See PayPal - User Payment Preferences.
Click here to go to the PayPal business website and use their sample credit cards to ensure your integration works correctly.
The following best practices apply to the PayPal Payment Gateway integration:
- Both the business email account associated with the business PayPal account and the Merchant Account ID can be used to configure a PayPal payment account. Using the Merchant Account ID is recommended, because it hides the email address from users.
- It is highly recommended that organizations configure a default PayPal payment account to use for any transactions that do not meet the criteria of their other PayPal payment accounts. Define this default account on the Define Payment Account page. See PayPal Payment Gateway - Define Payment Account.
- When creating a PayPal Business Account, the Business Name you provide appears as the merchant name on users' credit card transactions and on the PayPal website when users are directed to PayPal to pay. It is recommended that organizations use an easily recognizable Business Name. Go to the PayPal business website for instructions if you need to change the PayPal Business Name.
- For refund transactions via PayPal, the Transaction ID is the same value for Cornerstone and PayPal, making it easy to search between both tools. Go to the PayPal business website for instructions if you need to issue a full or partial refund.