Cornerstone Edge Integrate Overview
Cornerstone Edge Integrate enables organizations to quickly and easily integrate their Cornerstone system with other workforce systems. This includes recruiting tools such as Broadbean, learning tools such as WebEx and GoToMeeting, and social tools such as Facebook and Twitter.
Cornerstone Edge Integrate has two components:
- Marketplace - The Marketplace service enables administrators to conveniently browse and discover all available integrations and purchase or try the desired integrations.
- Integrations - Once an integration is purchased or enabled in a non-Production test portal, the Integrations service enables administrators to configure, enable, and disable their integrations. This greatly simplifies the implementation process by reducing implementation times and enabling administrators to enable and configure the integrations.
Several types of integrations are available for the Cornerstone system:
- Cornerstone Built - This option displays integrations that are built by Cornerstone.
- Partner Built - This option displays integrations that are built by Cornerstone partners using Cornerstone connectors and APIs.
- Build Your Own - This option displays APIs and Connectors that your organization can use to build custom integrations.
- Michael is an administrator at Acme Corp. He accesses the Marketplace from his Pilot portal to view which integrations are available.
- Michael notices that an integration is available for a third-party tool that Acme Corp currently uses. He views the details of the integration and realized that this integration will add extremely valuable functionality to his Cornerstone portal.
- Michael decides to enable a free 30-day trial of the integration in the Pilot portal. He accesses the Integrations page and quickly configures and enables the integration.
- After a week of using the integration in non-production environments, Michael decides that this integration is valuable to Acme Corp. He accesses the Marketplace from his Production portal and quickly purchases the integration.
- Michael accesses the Integrations page and configures the integration by choosing to copy the configuration settings from the Pilot portal.
- After configuring the integration, Michael enables the integration, and it is automatically available in his production portal.
In order to support the use of Edge Integrate, a new user is added to the system in the Cornerstone Administrator security role. The Username and User ID for this user is edgeuser, and this user is available when searching users from the Admin > Users page. In order for the Edge Integrate service to function properly, this user must remain active.
The Marketplace displays all available integrations, including integrations that are associated with Cornerstone modules that the organization may not have purchased.
Administrators can initiate a 30-day trial period for an integration in all non-production environments.
- During a trial period, the integration can only be enabled in non-production environments.
- Only one trial period is permitted for each integration.
- Trial periods cannot be extended.
- At the end of the trial period, the functionality is disabled until the integration is purchased.
When a free trial is initiated or when an integration is purchased, the integrations must be configured and enabled before the functionality is available within the portal. Even though an integration may be installed in multiple environments, the integration must be configured and enabled in each environment in order for the functionality to be available in the environment.
All integration fees are charged annually.
Edge Integrate is only available for organizations whose portals are supported by Cornerstone. For these portals, Edge Integrate is automatically enabled. For organizations that are supported by a Cornerstone reseller, Edge Integrate is disabled and it is not available.
The Edge Marketplace - Manage and Edge Integrations - Manage permissions are automatically added to the default System Administrator role.
For organizations that have a previous integration that is now offered as an Edge integration, such as WebEx or Adobe Connect, the integration appears as Purchased in the Marketplace, and administrators can update the integration settings via Integrations. When the organization's contract ends, the organization must accept the new recurring fee for the integration in order to continue using it.
- Marketplace (Edge) - The Marketplace service enables administrators to conveniently browse and discover all available integrations and purchase or try the desired integrations.
- Integrations (Edge) - Once an integration is purchased or enabled in a non-Production test portal, the Integrations service enables administrators to configure, enable, and disable their integrations. This greatly simplifies the implementation process by reducing implementation times and enabling administrators to enable and configure the integrations.
The following permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Edge Integrations - Manage||Grants access to the Integrations service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can configure, enable, and disable their third-party integrations that are used within the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|
|Edge Marketplace - Manage||Grants access to the Marketplace service for Edge Integrate where the administrator can browse and purchase integrations that can be used to extend the Cornerstone system. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge|