Edge Import - Video Load and Feed
A video learning object can be a video file or a YouTube URL. The data load can have its file name or URL column populated, but not both.
For videos with a video file, the following limitations apply:
- The supported file types are .mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, .flv, .m4v, and .mp4.
- Video loads respect the file size limit set for the portal.
For videos with a URL, only YouTube URLs are supported. No other video platforms are supported.
Select this link to download the Edge Import - Learning Starter Guide.
Select this link to download the Edge Import Learning Loads Migration Guide.
When loading videos, the following can be used as the unique identifier for each video:
- Video ID - Select this option when you have Video IDs available and want to import new videos or update existing videos.
- Learning Object ID - Select this option only for updating existing videos by Learning Object ID.
- You can create a custom report to locate the Learning Object ID of each video.
Video File FTP
If the file name is provided, the actual file needs to be present on the Cornerstone FTP site in a separate dedicated system folder: LMS/Video.
The video files will not be removed from the FTP after the one-time load.
Learning Object Availability Settings
Availability for this learning object type is set using the Learning Object (LO) Availability Load.
Only the following availability related criteria can be loaded using this data load type:
- Availability: All Users - When this is set to true, it overrides all other availability settings for the learning object.
- Register Upon Approval
- Include Subordinates
An optional Thumbnail field is available which allows administrators to apply thumbnail images to training in bulk. If no value is provided for this field, the Default Training Image Preferences are applied. The thumbnail image file must be placed in the Cornerstone FTP location in the following folder: LMS/[TRAINING LOAD TYPE]/Thumbnail. This FTP folder structure should be created it if does not already exist.
To remove a thumbnail image that is already set for a training item, load the training with a blank value for the Thumbnail field and set the configuration to Apply Default Value for blank values. Following the load, the default thumbnail image will be applied based on Default Training Image Preferences.