Edge Import - ILT Events Load and Feed
Events are instructor-led training courses that contain general information about the course, such as the description, the objectives, the vendor, and the topics. Because there are typically many instances of one course held at different times and locations by different trainers, every event can occur at a variety of times and places. In the system, these scheduled instances of an event are referred to as sessions.
When loading events, the following can be used as the unique identifier for each event:
- Event ID - Select this option when you have Event IDs available and want to import new events or update existing events.
- To create events, you must provide a unique Event ID.
- The Event ID is stored in the Event Number field in the user interface.
- In Custom Reports, the Event ID is also called the Training ID.
- Learning Object ID - Select this option only for updating existing events by Learning Object ID.
- To update existing events, it is recommended to use the Learning Object ID, as Event Number values do not need to be unique for events created from the user interface.
- When the Learning Object ID is selected as the unique identifier, only this field is required. All other fields are optional. This allows for easier bulk updates, because only the unique identifier and the updated fields need to be populated in the import file.
- To locate the Learning Object ID for each event, create a custom report.
Learning Object Availability Settings
Only the following availability related criteria can be loaded using this data load type:
- Availability: All Users - When this is set to true, it overrides all other availability settings for the learning object.
- Register Upon Approval
- Include Subordinates
The following considerations apply to this load type:
- Providers are also referred to as vendors.
- Providers need to be loaded or manually created in the portal prior to the Events file load.
- Administrators can update the provider for existing events if the Enable to change provider for events. (Will apply to Events created in the past.) option is selected in ILT Preferences. See ILT Preferences - General.
- If a portal is configured to support both primary and secondary providers for an event, then this load type will also support updating primary and secondary providers.
- If a value is not provided for the Active field, then the Active field value will default to "False."
- When Learning Object ID is selected as the unique identifier for the load, an optional New Event ID field is available. This enables organizations to update the Event ID for events. The Event ID value is only updated if a new Event ID value is provided; it cannot be updated with a blank value. The Event ID value does not need to be unique.
- Review the latest template guideline for fields that are not visible in the template but do have default values for new Events.